Chapter 20

"Did you see his face!" I exclaimed as we walked towards the carriages.

"He almost fell into the pond." Draco said laughing. We ended up at the Shrieking Shack later but we lured some third years into the forest where a little pond was. We scared the heck out of the Hufflepuff boy. It was hilarious.

"That was fun." I said wiping my eyes. The sun was slowly setting over the hills as it neared nighttime. We decided to head back to the school since dinner would be starting soon and both of us were starving after having nothing to eat today. We waited in silence for the carriage to come and when it did we stepped inside followed by two Ravenclaws who looked to be on a date.

"Take your coat." I told Draco as I sat next to him. He sighed and took it form my hand. I never put it on and actually enjoyed the cold air a little.

"So stubborn." He said.

"I thought you were the stubborn one?" I asked as the carriage pulled away. The two Ravenclaws were ignoring us as they held hands.

"We're both stubborn." He admitted. I laughed and nodded. I leaned on his shoulder feeling exhausted after the long day.

"Tired?" He asked messing with my knotty hair. I just mumbled not really answering.

"Come on. We're here." He said a couple seconds later. I sighed and sat up. I jumped out of the carriage followed by the two Ravenclaws and Draco.

"Let's go eat some food that's not rotten cheese." I said smiling at him. He chuckled and took my hand in his.

"Sorry about that." He said as we walked into the Entrance Hall.

"Wasn't your fault." I replied. We stepped into the very noisy Great Hall and I looked around. I saw Harry and Ron sitting at the Gryffindor table but I couldn't see Ginny or Hermione. Harry hadn't seen me yet, which was lucky.

"Ebony! There you are!" I turned around to see Ginny and Hermione entering the Great Hall.

"Hey guys. How was Hogsmede?" I asked them. Hermione shrugged and Ginny blushed.

"It was fine. I'm really sorry about Harry. You know Ron was the same way about me going with Harry. Only Ron and Harry are best mates so I guess it's a bit different...." Ginny trailed off glancing at Draco next to me. He scowled at her and she glared back.

"I know. I hope I didn't make it uncomfortable for you two?" I said. She shook her and smiled.

"Nah. Once we got to Hogsmede he seemed a little better. Although I wouldn't test him too much." She warned. I laughed and nodded.

"Sure thing. How about you Hermione? Have fun with Ron?" I asked smirking. She blushed and grabbed Ginny's arm.

"Let's go. See you later Ebs." She said as they walked away to the Gryffindor table.

"I think they like you." I said sarcastically to Draco as we sat down at the Slytherin table. He snorted.

"Yeah. They think I'm awesome." He replied sarcastically. I rolled my eyes.

"If it helps, I think you're awesome." I said. He raised his eyebrows at me and blushed slightly as I burst out laughing.

"What?" He asked.

"I completed my goal." I said wiping my eyes.

"What goal?" He asked.

"My goal was to make you blush. It seemed impossible but I now know that it's not." I smirked at him as he rolled his eyes. I put some food on my plate, more than usual since I was starving, and began to eat.