Chapter 25

Ebony's POV (I know I keep switching....murder me.)

I saw the hippie again in my dream. I saw him in front of me exactly like last time. And he started to sing, the same song. For the first part of the song I stared at him confused. But when he started to sing the second verse I had that urge to sing again. I began to sing with him not sure why I was. He did his little hippie flute solo while I hummed. It was like we rehearsed it, but really I had no idea what I was doing. But this time once the song stopped, instead of everything fading away like last time, I stayed there. I looked around confused until I saw that a tree was growing at one part of the vast forest. My eyes widened as it went from the stump to a tiny tree to a big tall tree like the few others that were in the forest. Once it stopped growing, something popped into my head and I suddenly knew who the grey haired lady and the brown haired girl were.

*****************

I awoke with a start and sucked in a breath. The grey haired lady, or Madam Pomfrey as I now remembered, was next to me giving me a strange look.

"You were singing in your sleep." She said. I frowned.

"Do you know what song?" I asked weakly. Her eyes widened slightly but she shook her head.

"I couldn't tell. Are you feeling better? Do you have any memories back?" She asked. I blinked a few times before nodding.

"I remember you, and Hermione." I said. I remember them and their faces and a few memories with them but other thing seemed to be blurred. Madam Pomfrey smiled.

"That's good. That means that it's not permanent and you will get your memory back. It's just a matter of time." She grinned and walked away to what I assumed to be the door. I sighed and rubbed my head where I seemed to have a massive headache.

"You okay?" A voice asked. I jumped and turned to see Hermione. I smiled at her and nodded. Even though I now knew it wasn't a dream it was nice to know someone.

"Yeah. I remembered you!" I told her. She smiled and walked over setting her bag down as she did.

"When?" She asked sitting down in a chair.

"I had this dream and at the end this tree grew and then I remembered you and Madam Pomfrey." I said as Hermione frowned confused.

"That makes sense." She said slowly. I rolled my eyes and laughed, but it hurt my head so I stopped.

"Ginny and the others really want to see you but Madam Pomfrey only let me in." She told me. I frowned.

"Ginny?" I asked. She nodded.

"She has red hair. She was crying yesterday into Harry." She said. I nodded remembering the red haired girl from yesterday. I could only remember her from yesterday but the harder I tried to remember more, the more my head hurt.

"Harry's the one with black hair right? I heard you guys talking and I assumed." I said shrugging. She nodded.

"Yeah. And Ron has red hair. He's Ginny's older brother." She told me. I nodded messing with my fingers as I did.

"How did I lose my memory?" I asked her. I didn't like losing my memory. Everything was blurry and things confused me. Especially people. Just imagine meeting a random stranger on the street and then have them hug you and say "Oh we're so glad you're ok, Ebony!" But you have no idea what they're talking about or where you are.

"We don't know. Only you and Malfoy know but Malfoy hasn't told us anything. We don't really know where he is and know he won't tell us anything. I think he wants to talk to you first but Madam Pomfrey's no letting anyone in to see you unless you remember them. That's why she let me in." Hermione told me.