Patching You Up(Mercy X Soldier 76)

<Mercy's POV>

My tears were splattering on the glass protecting the picture I was holding. The picture was of my best friend, my boyfriend, Jack Morrison. He had died in an explosion, and I was left all alone.

Looking up, I heard a knock on my front door. Getting up, I peeked through the peephole and saw the ghost of my boyfriend. Backing away, I gasped "GO AWAY! You aren't real!" I shouted, with tears streaming down my face. "Your just an illusion." The door knob started to shake, and with a slight click of the lock, the door swung open. I stared at a tall figure, who was bleeding from a deep wound on his face, and a chunk of hair missing. "Get away!" I cried, stumbled back and fell to the floor, crying. "You aren't real, you aren't real!" I started to chant. The figure lumbered to me and knelt at my side. "If I wasn't real, could I do this?" he asked, and with that he scooped me up in his arms, and held me. Looking up, I reached a hand out and gently touched his face. "Jack... it is you." I say, and another wave of tears stream down my face. "IT IS YOU!" I shout, and hold on to him tightly, my head resting on the crook of his neck. 

Pushing away so he would let me go, I rush down the hall and grab a first aid kit. I quickly shuffle back, and lead my boyfriend to the couch so I can patch him up. He just stayed there, and looked down at his freshly scared hands while I worked on removing pieces of building that was lodged in him from the explosion from his shoulder. After I did that, I had him look up so I could clean the cut on his face. I wiped away a mix of blood and grime, with a hint of tears as well. "I'm so glad you are ok my brave soldier." I coo at him, while bandaging the wound, there was going to be a scar there forever, but I didn't care. He will always be that handsome man I once met at Overwatch Orientation. 

After I finished patching him up, I just looked at him, while he started to look at his hands again. "Hey, whats wrong?" I ask, he looks up, and I see him crying, tears seeping into his bandages on his face. "I have to leave once I'm healed." I just look at him shocked "but why?" I ask, I had just gotten him back, I didn't want to loose him again. "Reyes is alive, I saw him make it out just before the building exploded" he answered, "I have to find him." I just nod, there was no way I could ever change his mind. "OK, but you are staying here, until you do leave, and when you do find him, you come back right here." I say, gently wrapping my arms around him so I wouldn't hurt him anymore than he already was. he nods and wraps his arms around me as well. "No matter what happens to me, I will always come back to you my angel." He whispered, and with that he kissed me. He was my soldier, and I was his angel, and nothing could change that.

(A/N: this was requested by Caleb over on my AO3 account as I have these oneshots on both here and there. anyway I hope you enjoy it man!)