I like you okay?

Victoria sat in her seat in the theater wondering what the hell just happened...'Did we just kiss and almost make out?',her thoughts were halted when she realized she needed to find Max because the girl left in panic. She gets up, grabs her purse and throws their things away then heads to search for Max. Victoria isn't sure exactly which bathroom to look first so she decided to go look for Max in all of them.

She searched two bathrooms and saw both were empty. She searched the third one and found it was empty also. She was now starting to worry, she got her phone out and found Max's name in her contacts and called her.

Phone Conversation

*ring* *ring* *ring*

Max: Hello?

Victoria: Where are you?

Max: Outside by your car

Victoria: I'll be there soon *pauses* We need to talk

*call ends*

Victoria rushed outside and went to where her car was...there was Max leaning against the passenger side door looking anxious and there were tear tracks on her cheeks. Victoria lets a breath that she didn't know she was holding in but felt sad for the short brunette. She gives her a hug quickly releasing it to not freak the girl out even more. The two silently agreed to talk on the way back to campus, so they get into the car and Victoria starts to drive back to campus. Halfway there, Max decides to break the silence.

"I'm sorry for freaking out like that...I understand if you never want to speak to me again" she spoke quietly before putting her head down avoiding any eye contact.

Victoria thought about her feelings towards Max 'Well, I did like the time we spent together and I did like the kiss', Victoria sighs "We can talk more about this during our sleepover unless you want to cancel it".

"No, let's still have the sleepover. I'm fine now, besides if we don't talk about it then we never will." Max says with a small smile.

Victoria takes her eyes off the road at a stop sign to give the girl small smile back, then continue driving back to campus.

They reach campus close to 10:30, then headed up to their hall in the dormitories. Max says to that Victoria that she's going to get ready for bed once they reach Victoria's room. She grabs her items for bed and heads to the bathroom to change. Once she's safely in the bathroom, her thoughts ran rapid 'Oh dog I can't believe we almost made out her and we are about to have a sleepover...I wonder what will happen'. Getting her pajamas on and having brush her teeth, She decides to grab "the captain" her teddy bear from her room for moral support in case things go south.

She closes her door and heads to Victoria's room.

"Here goes nothing" she says to herself then knocks on the door.

"Just a second" Victoria's voice rings back from the other side of the door.

Max hears soft footsteps then the door opens revealing a makeup free Victoria in her sleepwear attire, a blue patterned babydoll shirt with black Capri leggings..her sleeping cap is laying on her pillow. 'Wowzer she even looks beautiful without makeup'. Max stands there staring at the girl.

"Well aren't you coming in? or are we going to have the sleepover out in the hall? because let me tell you it's pretty chilly out there" Victoria jokes getting a laugh out of Max.

"Alright...I'm err sorry for acting like this, I'm just nervous for our talk" Max nervously rubs the back of her neck.

Max walks into Victoria's room, She places her dirty clothes with the rest of her things. She slips the Captain in her overnight tells her that she's going to brush her teeth and get comfortable. She sits on her bed and waits, she passes the time by browsing on her phone.

Victoria returns and puts her toothbrush in her night drawer. She sits on her bed next to Max and gets the girl's attention.

Victoria starts "Okay, let's talk...what happened back there?" She questions Max.

Max puts her phone away, she thinks for a moment..."I guess I freaked out, I mean I liked kissing you and holding your hand but this is confusing. We are friends and you kissed me back? but I guess I like you okay?" Max finished up her mini speech before nervously playing with a loose string on her pajama shorts.

"I think I like you too...but I'm confused about my feelings, I want to explore them more...I did like the kissing though that's why I wanted to make out but I think we should take this slow since this is all new for the both of us" Victoria thoughtfully says.

The two hug

"Okay deal, let's start with something slow like a date?" Max asks.

"Sure, maybe I'll figure out my feelings from that, let's lay down and go to sleep" Victoria answers back.

Victoria goes to turn off the light after Max lays down on her bed, once the lights are turned off Victoria goes to lay down next to Max. The two lay down in silence. Ten minutes go by before Max asks her a question.

"Psst Tori, are you awake still?" Max whispers to Victoria.

Victoria shifts towards Max "Yeah what's up?" She whispers back.

"That was real funny with the restaurant server" Max laughs quietly.

"Ohhh yeah, that restaurant will be hearing from my lawyers...Maxine? If you could choose any job besides photography what would it be and why?" Victoria quietly asks Max.

"Hmm...that's a random ass question but umm I guess a detective so I could solve crimes... you?" Max asks her back.

"I would be a fashion designer" Victoria says before laughing..."Hahaha no well I guess I don't know...my parents have already decided for me to be a photographer, I did like dancing when I was younger but had to stop because I wasn't their star student" Victoria opens up.

The two lay in silence again...

"I'm sorry for being so melodramatic...my parents always want me to be perfect, they told me if I fail one class then I will have to go to a regular high school. It fucking sucks Maxine" Victoria says tears welling up in her eyes.

"It's okay Tori, you're really smart, you aren't going to " Max says reaching over hugging Victoria who starts crying softly. 'I wish I could make her feel better' Max gets an idea.

"Hey Tori, I got a cat joke I've been yarning to tell you all day" Max attempts to be funny only to get a dull response from Victoria.

"No response huh? You have cat to be kitten me" she finishes off the joke with Victoria giving her a short laugh.

Victoria sniffles reaching over to her bedside table to get a tissue to blow her nose. "Maxine that was the corniest joke I've ever heard, it surprisingly worked...thank you" Victoria says smiling.

"You're welcome...I don't like to see you sad, do you feel any better? because if not then maybe we could cuddle or not" Max rambles.

"I feel better but I might feel better with the cuddles" Victoria says all cutely.

"Perfect! I mean that's hella chill" Max tries to be cool about it.

Those cuddles just intensified the feelings they were having for each other. Max lays on her back with her arm around Victoria's shoulder with Victoria spooning her left side arms wrapped around Max's waist. She falls asleep listening to Max's heartbeat. Max nuzzles her head onto Victoria's then falls asleep. Both girls for the moment realized that maybe this whole thing will work out between them.