Max's hometown visit part 2

Chapter 19

Saturday morning was finally here, The girls were still sleeping when a loud thud awakened both of them accompanied with a "I'M OKAY!", It was the twins rough housing again. 'Momma really needs to get them to calm down in the morning', Max thinks as she arises first with a groan and stretches.

Victoria tries for a few extra minutes of sleep and hides under her pillow.

"Oh no you don't, It's time to face the masses" Max rubs the other girl's back to fully wake her up.

"Mmm I don't wanna...Can't we just stay in here all day?" Victoria moans getting up as well.

Max laughs at that comment because she would say the exact same thing, "No can do. Breakfast is waiting then we can go explore town and hangout with my family afterwards, alright?".

Victoria smiles at this idea and reaches to give Max a peck on the lips " Sounds like a good idea, mmm good morning by the way", she smiles getting out of bed then heads to the bathroom to go pee and heads downstairs with Max for breakfast.

Max says a quick morning to her brothers in the living room, they were too engrossed in cartoons to say anything. They walk past her father who was sitting at his chair with coffee in one hand and a newspaper in the other. When he sees the girls, he beckons Max over for a good morning and stares 'intimidating' at Victoria. That prompts in a playful hit by Max and a "Daddy stop scaring her!".

"I'm only joking but I was serious about that talk. So, what is the plan for today girls?" Ryan says taking a sip of his coffee.

"Well I was going to take Victoria over to town to explore and see if anything has changed" Max smiles at her father and Victoria who smiles back.

Ryan is about to ask if they could bring the twins along but decides against it "Wellup have fun and don't anything I wouldn't do...Ba dum tss", Ryan laughs slapping his knee. (Dad jokes..ughhh).

Max facepalms and groans...Only her father would try and act cool around her girlfriend. Victoria was snickering at his joke 'Max's dad sure is silly', They go next to the kitchen to grab some coffee and say good morning to Vanessa who is cooking a lot of food.

"Good morning Vanessa" Victoria says getting her coffee.

"Morning Momma, What's for breakfast?" Max manages to steal a berry before getting swatted with a dishcloth.

Vanessa says continuing on the eggs, "We are having Eggs, French toast, Bacon, and Fruit...In honor of our guest".

Max started "Wow I shou-" but was cut off by Victoria "That's really generous Vanessa, But you don't have to cook all that because of me". Vanessa laughs at her comment "Nonsense, Besides the boys eat a lot...Uh sweetie is your sister awake yet?" She asks Max who shakes her head no.

Vanessa sighs "I swear that girl can sleep through a tornado...Can you go get the boys to wake her?".

Max nods and goes to the living room to ask her brothers, Victoria was left in the kitchen with Vanessa she was debating on whether or not she should ask to help with cooking or anything. Vanessa calls her over "Yes?" Victoria asked. "Come help me get the utensils and plates, Oh! the plates are in that cabinet over there and the utensils are in that drawer over there. I'll grab the cups", Vanessa instructs Victoria who complies. She knew the other girl had never set a table in her and today would be a good start.

Victoria finds the right amount of plates and utensils for everyone, she heads back to Vanessa with the items for further instructions. Vanessa shows her where to place everything and asks her about how things run at her house, she answers honestly and says that there weren't very many family meals and how she hoped things would change. Vanessa gives her a sad smile, their little moment is cut off with a loud voice "UGHHH I HATE YOU LITTLE RUNTS!" and a "OHHH SHE SAID A BAD WORD" also a "NO SHE DIDN'T IDIOT SHE SAID HATE" all coming from upstairs.