{10} Mother Nature Payed Her a Visit

~Summer-Storm~

I groggily open my eyes only to shut them again when the blinding sun shines in my eye.

I find that I'm sleeping at the edge of the pool, using Kayden's previously wet t-shirt as a pillow. I squint and look around, realizing we're still in the back yard.

I remember throwing Samantha and Paige out around midnight, and the rest of us passed out around two in the morning.

I then look at everyone else.

Nate sleeping face down on the grass by the bushes where Cole emptied his underwear.

Cole is asleep on the porch swing with Kyla leaning against his side and his arm wrapped around her shoulders. #Cola hehe.

Kayden is asleep on the outdoor hammock, his black hair messier than usual.

And Reese? Reese is lying on one of the inflatable pool floaties, snoring loudly, his mouth agape, the floatie floating around in the water.

I look down and see that I'm still in my bra and panties.

I get up, grabbing my phone from the cabinet we keep next to the porch swing and quickly take a few photos of Cole and Kyla. This'll be a great start to the Cola ship.

I also grab a pair of shorts from the cabinet and slip them on.

I walk inside and instantly go to the kitchen and open the pantry. I pull out a packet of Oreos and instantly start munching on them.

If there's one thing I love in the world, it's Oreos.

I love Oreos. They're a god's gift to humans.

Seriously, if I were stranded on an island, and I could only take one thing, I would take Oreos.

Not a phone, not a boat, Oreos.

"Can I have one?"

"Nope." I deny automatically, not having to turn around to know that it's Kayden who asked.

"Why?" He whines, sitting on the island stool across from me.

"Because they're mine."

"I remember when we were younger, you used to eat this things in class all the time." He chuckles. "One time, you threw one at me and nailed me in the forehead."

I laugh. "I remember that." Then I throw an Oreo at him, trying to nail him in the forehead. But that fails when he moves his head and catches it in his mouth.

I glare at him then mutter, "you suck."

"You swallow." He retorts.

"You choke!" I shoot back, just as Reese walks in, soaking wet with a frown on his face.

"Let me guess, you fell off the floatie, into the pool?" I guess, a smug grin on my face.

"No! Maybe...yes." He mumbles, making Kayden and I laugh.

He walks upstairs to change, leaving Kayden and I in the kitchen.

Two seconds later, a hand reaches over and steals a handful of Oreos from the packet.

"Kayden!"

I knew the peace wouldn't last long.

*~*

My brothers have gone out for the day, playing Dare or Dare. Kyla went to her Aunt's house which is half an hour away. Kayden, well, he's home. He decided to stay home instead of going with my brothers.