{39} Bye

~Summer-Storm~

I walk into school with my brothers and Kayden.

Almost immediately, I'm tackled in a hug by my blonde best friend.

"Oh my god, I can't believe today's our last day in high school!" She screeches happily as the air leaves my lungs.

"Uh, yeah, neither can I. Losing....air." I trail off in a strangled voice.

She immediately lets go of me. "Oops. Sorry."

I shake my head with a chuckle. "No problemo, Chica."

"Let's go find Hannah and Cassie." She grabs my hand and drags me away from the boys.

We find them in the music room.

"Guys?" Kyla speaks up, making them stand up from their seats.

"Oh, hey, girls." Hannah greets with a bright smile, her long, dark brown hair falling down hair back in curls.

"Storm, can you sing for us one last time?" Cassie questions shyly, twiddling her thumbs.

Aww, she's so cute!

"Sure." I smile softly at her.

I grab a guitar and sit down, I start strumming the strings before I sing.

"I've been standing at the edge of the water
Long as I can remember
Never really knowing why
I wish I could be the perfect daughter
But I come back to the water
No matter how hard I try

Every turn I take
Every trail I track
Every path I make
Every road leads back to the place I know
Where I cannot go
Where I long to be

See the light where the sky meets the sea
It calls me
No one knows how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
If I go there's just no telling how far I'll go

I know everybody on this island
Seems so happy on this island
Everything is by design
I know everybody on this island
Has a role on this island
So maybe I can roll with mine

I can lead with pride
I can make us strong
I'll be satisfied if I play along
But the voice inside sings a different song
What is wrong with me

See the light as it shines on the sea
It's blinding
But no one knows how deep it goes
And it seems like it's calling out to me
So come find me
And let me know
What's beyond that line
Will I cross that line

See the light where the sky meets the sea
It calls me
And no one knows how far it goes
If the wind in my sail on the sea stays behind me
One day I'll know
How far I'll go."

I let my fingers brush against the strings one last time, finishing the song.

And yes, I did just sing How Far I'll Go from Moana.

The girls break out in applause before squishing me in a group hug.

"That is something I'm definitely going to miss." Kyla admits as they let go of me.

"Yeah." Hannah agrees. "Kayden gets to go to the same college as you. Lucky bastard."

"I'm going to miss you guys so much!" Cassie sniffles before bursting into tears.

"Aww, Cass, don't cry." I coo, pulling her into a hug. "You were supposed to save the waterworks for after graduation."

I hear her giggle through her tears as she calms down.

"Okay, seriously, how are you always able to cheer everyone up?" Hannah asks, handing Cassie a tissue.

"Because I'm amazing." I joke before giving her a serious answer. "To be honest, I don't know. I just hate seeing people upset."

"Not only that, you're really nice, too." Cassie adds, blowing her nose.

"Yeah, right." I scoff, snorting.

"She's right." Kyla agrees with Cassie. "I don't know how many times you've bought me food or shoes even though I had more than enough money with me to buy it myself."

"Yeah, you've also stood up for so many other people, preventing them for getting bullied or hurt." Hannah hops into the conversation.

I shrug. "So?"

"So?" Kyla looks at me. "So, it means you're a good person."

*~*

"Coach?" I knock on the open door of his office.

"Summer-Storm, come in." He looks up from his paper work and smiles at me. I sit down in the chair in front of his desk. "So, what's up?"

"I just came to say bye." I say, watching him give me a sad smile. "...and return my jersey." I hold up the red basketball jersey with number 15 and TeNana on the back, and the word Wolves and a smaller number 15 on the front.

Yeah, school team jersey's don't usually have the player's name on it, but since I had started playing for the school team before I even got to high school, they had a jersey made for me.

He shakes his head and smiles again. "Keep it."

"Huh?"

"Keep it." He urges. "We always had a spare jersey for you, because knowing you, you would have most likely lost it. We'll put the spare in the school's hall of fame. And..."

"And...?" I urge him to finish his sentence.

"The school has decided that there will be no one on our school teams playing with a number 15 jersey." He admits. "Seeing as you were literally on every sports team in the school and your were number 15 every time. No one can fill your shoes."

I grin brightly and hug him. "Thanks, coach"

"No problem, kid." He hugs back.

I let go of him and start walking out of the door. I stop and look at him over my shoulder. "Bye, coach."

"Bye, kid."

*~*

"Miss McKlay?" I knock on the door of her office before opening it and walking in.

"Let me guess. You came to say bye?" She guesses accurately.

I nod. "Yeah."

We stay silent for a minute before I lunge at her and crush her small frame in a hug.

"Thank you so much for everything you've done for me. Thank you for all your advice. Thank you for always being there for me. Dammit, this sounds really cheesy." I grumble the last part. "Thank you."

She hugs back and I feels tears on my shoulder. "You're welcome, Stormy.