{25} I Like Summer-Storm TeNana-Williams

~Summer-Storm~

"Kayden!" I shout when I see him in the crowded hallways of hell--I mean school.

"Hey, Princesa." He greets as I reach him.

His smile makes me smile.

Five months.

It's been five months since senior year started. It's been five months Kayden and I became friends. It's been three months since I realized I like Kayden. It's been three months since the Daezahn incident.

There's not long left of school either. Three more months and then we graduate.

Am I excited?

Well, yes and no.

Yes because I'm going to graduate and finally be able to leave this hellhole and I won't have to see Ms Hayfer anymore.

No because I don't want to leave my family and friends. Cole got a scholarship to Harvard, Nate and Reese got accepted into Yale(surprisingly), Kyla got accepted into Stanford, Kayden got a scholarship to the Sports university of New York, SUNY (A/N: Completely made up), and me? I got a full ride scholarship to SUNY.

We're not exactly going to be close to eachother.

"Three more months then we get to  say goodbye to this hellhole by saluting it with our middle fingers." I cheer, leaning on the locker next to his, which happens to be Cole's.

"Yup." He chuckles. "Anyway, you ready for the game tonight?"

Today is Friday. Not just any Friday, it's the Friday of our basketball game. Not just any basketball game, but the State Championships. And not just any State Championship, but the last State Championship of my high school career.

And I'm ready to win.

"Hell yeah. I'm ready to kick some bear ass." I grin, punching my fist into my palm.

He grins throwing his arm around my shoulder as we make our way to Art. "Me, too, Princesa, me, too."

*~*

"Okay, class, since today is Friday and everyone is going to be going to the basketball game tonight, I thought we could make some banners and signs." Miss McKlay smiles, making the class cheer. "Go crazy!"

Everyone gets out of their seats, rushing to get their supplies.

I see Miss McKlay motioning Kayden over. He tells me he'll be right back before walking over.

My phone buzzes, indicating I got a text.

Ky: Make me a poster to hold up during the game.

Stormy: Sure, watevr.

I guess I have to make Kyla a poster to hold up during to game.

~Kayden~

I sit down in the chair in front of Miss McKlay's desk.

"So, I've noticed you and Summer-Storm have been getting along well for the last five months." She speaks.

"Yeah," I nod. "Things have been great."

"Okay, I'm going to get straight to the point," she takes a sip of her coffee. "Do you like Storm?"

I nod in confusion. "Of course I like her. She's my friend."

"Not that kind of like, Kayden."

I look at her for another moment before I understand. "Oh! I don't know."

She looks at me in disbelief. "You don't know?"

"I don't know how it feels to like someone." I admit truthfully.

She rolls her eyes at me before she starts explaining. "When you like someone, your stomach flutters when they're near you. You get giddy at the mere mention of their name. You love seeing them happy. You care about them a lot."

"There is no way I like Summer." I lie to myself, even though everything Miss McKlay is listing off is true.

"You buy them Oreos at four in the morning because they're craving it."

"I like Summer-Storm."

I remember back to a last month, when Summer-Storm had her period.

This time she wasn't lying on the bathroom floor when I got to her house.

-FLASHBACK-

I groan as my phone goes off, indicating that I have a text.

I open it.

Summer: Kade?

Summer: Kayden?

Summer: KAYDEN!!!

Kade: WHAT?!

Summer: I want Oreos.

Kade: U txted me at four in the morning to tell me u want Oreos?!

Summer: Yup.

Kade: WHY?!

Summer: DON'T YELL AT ME! I'M ON MY PERIOD, THE CRAMPS HURT LIKE HELL, AND I HAVE A CRAVING FOR OREOS! SO IF I WANT TO TXT U AT FOUR IN THE MORNING TO TELL U THAT I WANT OREOS, I WILL!!!

Kade: I'll be there in 10.

I get out of bed, slipping on a pair of Nikes and walk to the dairy down the road.

I buy a pack of Oreos before going home then climbing from my balcony to hers, then in through the open window.

"Princesa?" I whisper, seeing her skinny figure curled up under the covers.

"Kade?" She peeks her head from under the blanket. "What're you doing here?"

I furrow my eyebrows in confusion. "I told you I'd be here in ten. Didn't you get my text?"

"Well, I fell asleep after I yelled at you, so..." She trails off.

I chuckle in amusement before sitting next to her on the bed and handing her the pack of Oreos.

"You got me Oreos!" She squeals quietly, hugging me happily.

I smile.

I love seeing her happy.

-FLASHBACK END-

I like Summer-Storm.

I like Summer-Storm freaking TeNana-Williams.

At least her brothers won't kill me when they find out.

I think.