{40} Graduation

~Summer-Storm~

Today's the day.

The day I graduate high school.

Holy shit...

I'm gonna graduate today.

I'M GONNA GRADUATE TODAY!

Okay, so maybe the information hadn't sunk in properly until now.

I lean over and peck Kayden's lips as we sit at our table at lunch.

"Can you guys believe we're graduating tonight?" Cole questions as we eat our food.

We all shake our heads, mumbling a chorus of "nope's".

"How's the valedictorian speech coming along?" Kayden questions him, feeding me Oreos, munching on some himself.

"Good. It's going to be great." I see Cole's eyes flicker to me for a moment, but ignore it.

*~*

"I'm dressing you up for graduation!"

"You dressed me up for prom, I'm dressing myself up for graduation!"

"Summer-Storm!"

"Kyla!"

"Summer-Storm, please." Kyla pleads.

I shake my head. "Kyla, I love you, but I am not getting dolled up for graduation. Especially not after all the pain you put me through for prom."

She huffs. "Fine, whatever. Just promise me you'll look hot."

"I promise."

*~*

"Summer-Storm, hurry up!"

"Hold up!"

"Come on, Storm!"

"I'm coming!"

"Hurry, Stormy!"

"Shut up and wait a second!"

I look around my room, searching for my cap while my brothers yell at me to hurry up.

I already have the gown on but I've lost my cap.

Nice one.

Shut up!

I smile victoriously as I spot the familiar red tassel hanging from the top of my shelf. I jump up and grab it just as my bedroom door slams open and Cole tumbles through.

"Seriously, Stormy, we're going to be late!" He picks me up, throwing my over his shoulder and running downstairs. "Mamá and papá left with Mama Paris and Kayden."

I nod. "Okay." I'm getting an eyeful of my brother's butt.

Shudder.

He throws me into the backseat of the car with Reese and jumps into the passenger's seat as Nate starts the car and backs out of the driveway. Reese uses his fingers to brush through my hair before he gently puts the red cap on my head, fixing the tassel.