{28} Reese and Cassie

~Summer-Storm~

"CANNONBALL!" I yell, taking a running start and jumping of the cliff and into the lake, followed by Kayden. Everyone else is still getting changed.

I laugh as I come back to the surface of the water.

Suddenly, something wraps around my ankle and pulls me under. I open my eyes and see a smirking Kayden in front of me.

We wraps his arms around my waist and pulls me closer.

Instead of pinching him (throwback to five months ago hehe), I wrap my arms around his neck and smile at him, making his smirk turn into a dimpled grin.

A piece of my light brown hair floats in front of my face. His lifts his hands and tucks it behind my ear. His hand rests on the side of my face.

Without realizing, I lean into his touch.

I don't know who moved, but just as our lips were about to touch-

SPLASH!

Kayden lets go of me and we swim up to the surface, watching everyone else jump in.

Cockblocks.

"Time to play chicken!" Nate whoops as Hannah climbs onto his shoulders. Kyla climbs onto Cole's and I watch the exchange between Reese and Cassie.

"Do you want to be my partner?" Reese questions nervously. Okay, it is pretty freaking weird seeing Reese nervous!

"I would love to." Cassie smiles, a blush coating her cheeks. Cassie is naturally really shy, so it's not weird seeing her nervous.

I smile at them before I feel myself being lifted onto someone's shoulder like I'm weightless.

I look down at Kayden who smiles up at me, cheekily.

Kayden and I against Cole and Kyla. Reese and Cassie against Nate and Hannah.

Hannah easily knocks Cassie off of Reese's shoulders, laughing along with them.

Kyla and I laugh before linking hands and trying to shove eachother off. A few minutes later, I successfully knock her off my brother's shoulder.

Kayden then lifts me off his shoulders and throws me in the water.

Oh hell no.

I splutter as I come back up to the surface. I glare at Kayden who is laughing his ass of before lunging at him and dunking his head underwater.

That lead to a wrestling match between us that everyone joined in on.

We spent the rest of the time swimming around, having fun, and laughing.

*~*

I groan quietly as the zip of my tent opens. I'm sharing with Kyla, Hannah and Cassie are sharing, Kayden and Cole are sharing, and Nate and Reese are sharing.

I grab my phone and check the time.

1:37 AM.

I use my flashlight and shine it towards the opening, only to see Reese with his face stuck in the small opening of the zip.

"Reese?!" I hiss quietly.

"Stormy, I can't sleep, I need to talk to you." He whispers.

I sigh. "Fine."

I quietly get out of the tent,carful not to wake Kyla, and sit on one of the logs surrounding the fire pit. Reese sits down next to me.

"Okay, tell your big sister what's up." I say, turning to face Reese.

"Okay, I really, really like-"

I cut him off. "Cassie?"

"How'd you know?"

"Well, first of all, you're my quadruplet brother, of course I know." I explain in a 'duh' tone. "And second of all, you two fools can't make it more obvious."

He sighs. "Dammit. Anyway, give me advice."

I raise an eyebrow at him. "Advice? Okay, I can give you advice. Ask her out."

"Ask her out?" He sputters. "Like, just straight up ask her out?!"

I nod. "Yes. She likes you, too. Ask her to be your girlfriend."

He nods confidently and gets up. "Okay, I'm going to ask her out."

I grab the back of his shirt and pull him back down. "Not now, you idiot!"

Is he loco? Going to ask Cassie to be his girlfriend at one in the morning!

*~*

I'm woken up by someone yelling excitedly and pulling me into a hug.

"She said yes! You were right! Cassie said yes to being my girlfriend!"

I groggily hug Reese back.

"That's great, Reese. Hashtag Cressie." I smile. "Now let me sleep."

He plants a brotherly kiss on my forehead before laying me back down on my sleeping bag and leaving.

About five minutes later, a bucket of cold water is dumped on my head.

"KAYDEN!"