Prologue- Before The Escape

This was it. They were leaving tomorrow. They had saved up for six years for this. She'd got her driver's license, they'd be stealing a car to cover our tracks, and once they hit Toronto, they'd be home free.

When Lolita met Rosalyn, she was a nice girl, doing her best in life. But she wasn't doing well. She went on and on about how horrible her neighbor was, and how her mom was a stick in the mud that was no fun. 

In time, Lolita told her about her stupid sister, her overprotective parents, and how her family didn't appreciate her clothing style. They just didn't understand that Gothic Lolita is a thing. Lolita was so desperate to drill the name of her style into their heads, that she started officially calling herself "Lolita," but they insisted on calling her by her real name, Cassie. But she could deal with it. At least, once she met Rosalyn.

When they met, they knew instantly. They both wanted to escape from their idiotic lives. So only three days after they met, they decided to start saving. When they had enough money, and once they both had driver's licenses, they would form a plan, and run off into the night together, to start a new life, far, far away from the idiocy of their families. 

They  knew that by the time they both got their driver's licenses, it would have been enough time for one of them to reconsider, just in case, but it wasn't. As the years went on, and the savings piled up, their plan only got stronger.

Rosalyn, being older, got her driver's license first. When she showed Lolita, she told her, "This is it. We only have one year left until you get yours. This is our last chance to turn back." But Lolita just smiled and pushed her away playfully.

"No way." And then Rosalyn smiled back.

"Me neither." Then she helped her up.

After that specific day, the two were more determined than ever. They started to put the finishing touches on the plan. Rosalyn decided after driving twice with her new license, that she was too scared to do it again, so she demanded that Lolita do most of the driving on the trip.

But despite her uselessness in that category, she was a genius everywhere else in our plan. Rosalyn planned everything out to a "T." She would, (reluctantly,) steal a van from the paint company just a few blocks away from school, then drive over to Lolita's house. She would sneak out the window, bags packed, and meet her at the side of the house.

When Lolita asked her why she had to sneak out the window, Rosalyn said that it was because she was going to pretend they were kidnapped after sneaking out to a party. Both girls would leave nearly identical notes for their parents to find, saying that they were going to a party, but they wouldn't leave the time they'd be back, or the location, so it would be harder to track them. If Lolita went out the window, and then "just happen" to tear her clothing on the window, it would look more authentic.

"Are you going to climb out the window too?"

"I live on the top floor of an apartment building. If I climb out the window, I'll die." She said with an annoyed look on her face.

She also pointed out that because the paint company was so close to school, and in the plan, they would be going to a party at the school. So the police's investigation would lead towards the school, which, would be having the Junior Celebration, which at their school, was like the prom for Juniors. The girls were both to old to attend, with Rosalyn being in grade 12, and Lolita being in grade 11, but that would explain why they would have to sneak out.

Once Lolita got to the side of the house, she was supposed to get in the van, where they would drive to a secluded spot and spray paint the side of the van white, so that no one could identify the van as the company's at a first glance. In a worst case scenario, it would buy some time to get away and switch to a different car or van. Then, they would drive off into the night.

They would survive on grand theft auto and convenience store goodies. There were only two of them, after all.

At least, that's what was planned.