EIGHT.

hoseok
i wander aimlessly through the throng of people, a red solo cup in my hand. i was staying true to my word and not touching a drop of alcohol tonight. i had already lost jin amongst the crowd of drunk party-goers and i was beginning to feel bored. as much as i wanted to, i decided against texting yoongi; he was probably busy with his party anyway.

dodging all the needy couples on the stairs, i make my way down to the basement where the drinks were. i hear loud cheering from a gathering of people and see two guys doing shots of vodka. i grimace and pour some coke from an unopened bottle, to make sure it hadn't been messed with. after watching them do another round, i make my way back up the stairs, probably accidentally kicking three people in the process.

i can't seem to find anyone tonight, not even taehyung and it was his party for goodness sake. i decided to call my friend jungkook and ask where he is. i unlock my phone and press his contact. he answers instantly.

"hey kook? where are you?" i shout above the bass.

"i'm with minghao. in tae's room. we're just talking so you can come and join us if you want." before i could reply jungkook hangs up. 'talking', yeah right. more like drunkenly making out from the sounds of it. i make my way upstairs towards taehyung's room anyway, desperate to get away from the drunk strangers to see...

my drunk friends!

the hallway upstairs was clearer: only the people who were slightly drunk or like me, weren't drunk at all, sat on the floor having their own mini conversations or just jamming along to the music. i smiled at some girls sat on the floor, gossiping quietly. a few of them return the smile, which makes me smile even wider. i'm about to enter taehyung's room, distinguished by a giant sign that read 'TAEHYUNG'S ROOM, KEEP OUT' (seriously, was he five?) when all of a sudden i'm laying on the ground, the wind knocked out of me and something heavy weighing me down.

"heLLO STRANGER," they practically yell in my ear. i shriek at the sudden loud noise and the girls from before turn their heads in surprise. i grimace at them and wave them away. they still look concerned but continue to chatter quietly.

"get off me you idiot. who even ARE you?"
"shush. let me sleeeeep."
"not until you get off of me." i take in lungfuls of air when the stranger finally gets off and rolls over into the middle of the hallway.

"you idiot, you can't sleep here."
"then take me to the bedroooooom." he giggles again, wiggling his eyebrows and making grabby hands at me like a three year old. he was about the same height as a three year old too, just taller than jihoon. i sigh loudly and haul him up, his arm hanging loosely over my shoulders. whatever, i might as well take care if this drunk stranger.

slowly but surely, we make our way into taehyung's guest room and i let him fall onto the bed with a thud.

"too uncomfortable. take me homEEEEE." i pinch the bridge of my nose, weighing out my options. obviously i'm not going to ask for his address while he's intoxicated so he'll have to stay at my house. i think about leaving him here but at taehyung's house, you never know what could happen. at least i know i have tablets or whatever to cure his hangover and send him back home as quickly as possible. without thinking twice i piggy back him through the house and out of the front door, barging through the drunken crowd. shit, i forgot that i came with jin. oh well, he'll just have to find another way home. i have the car keys anyway. after throwing the stranger into the passenger seat of my land rover, i start the car. i drive past an old man sat on a bench, who seems to be asleep. poor man, he should get inside before he freezes. even his dog is still.