TWENTY.

hoseok
jeon jungkook and xu minghao will be the death of me, i swear. they somehow managed to sneak in some bulgogi, fucking bulgogi. for breakfast at 5am.

"wow this is really good! where did you get bulgogi from at this time of day?" yoongi asks curiously.

"i know a place," jungkook says as he winks suggestively. minghao smacks him on the thigh and jungkook glares at him.

"i'm not even gonna ask."
"i think it's for the best." minghao snorts.

"you guys better hurry up and get out of here. the doctor will come by any minute now!"
"what about you hoseok?"
"yeah, what about you?"
"don't worry about me. hurry up and finish!" the boys stuff the rest of their beef into their mouths, saying their goodbyes and wishing yoongi well.

"d'you think they'll let me go?" i think for moment.
"maybe. you'll probably have to stay here for a while though, i don't know."

another minute of silence washes over us both.
"i still don't know how minghao threw it that hard," i say.
"i don't know hoseok, it hurts to think right now."
"get some rest then you shit. i'll call the doctor and see if you'll be allowed home yet." he nods and falls back asleep. i get up off of the chair, butt going slightly numb. i quietly make my way out of yoongi's room, not really sure if visitors would be allowed here at this time. luckily i run don't run into anyone on my travels down to the front desk.

hospitals are scary at 5 in the morning and after navigating my way through a maze of wards, i finally reach my destination.

quite proud of myself, i saunter up to the reception and cough to get their attention.
"uh hi my friend's in room 145 and i was wondering when he'll be discharged?" i ask politely.

"let me check...ah, min yoongi?" i nod.
"hmm....i'm not sure myself but i'll send someone now to do a few tests. he should be ok though."

"thank you!" i smile at her and she responds just as enthusiastically.

a few hours later, i'm sat with yoongi in my apartment, munching on some ice cream. he was allowed to leave after going through various tests. but he was told not to get involved in any strenuous activities or sports and to get plenty of rest. so here we are, sitting on my couch and eating our own body weight in ice cream. there's a comfortable silence but i feel like a deep conversation with someone.

"hey yoongi, have you ever lowkey wanted a boyfriend?" i ask, waiting for him to finish his spoonful of ice cream.

"let me think..."
"don't hurt yourself." i receive a painful slap on the shoulder.

"anyway, no not really because i'll always be forever alone." i laugh.

"hah relatable. honestly though, i have."
"really?"
"yeah like wouldn't it be nice to just stay up really late and have deep conversations with them?"
"nah, i prefer sleep and food." i giggle again.

"you're so difficult sometimes."
"how rude. i am not difficult, for your information."
"hmm, sure whatever." yoongi pouts and i laugh yet again. this boy.

"i'm joking. would you like to watch a movie? maybe stay for a sleepover?" i say sweetly.

"are you asking me to netflix and chill with you hoseok?"  yoongi smirks and shoves another spoonful of ice cream into his mouth. i start furiously blushing.

"no no no that's not what i meant and you know it! i'm trying to be a good friend you ass." i wave my arms wildly to emphasise my point.

"i'm messing around, sure i'll stay. what should we watch?"
"anything, i don't mind."
"alright i'll just pick a random movie." he closes his eyes and points to a random movie on my shelf before pulling it out from the rest and showing me. no, absolutely not.

he chose the ring.