SEVENTEEN.

yoongi
"look, there's a candyfloss stall! do you want some?" hoseok asks me giddily. i nod in response, with just as much enthusiasm.

"i'll pay though. you already bought the tickets and the ramen earlier, it's the least i could do," i say. he looks like he's going to object but he just grins wider.

"ok, i'll go and get some popcorn for us, then we'll have a feast!" candy floss and popcorn was hardly a feast, but hoseok was just as excited as i was.

"ok, meet back here when you're done!" he nods and runs off towards the popcorn stand, a bit further down the long stretch of grass where all the food stalls where. i casually walked to the candy floss stall, which happened to be in the other direction.

i hastily joined the queue for the sweet substance and checked my phone for any messages from anyone. nothing, nothing at all. i sighed and resumed waiting; before i knew it, it was my turn but i was stuck on what to order.

"sir, please make up your mind. i have other customers to serve," the owner says impatiently. i give him the look and in the end i choose two pinks and two blues. fuck it right? we'll be so hyper tonight, we might as well be drinking. i pay for the sweet treats, muttering a begrudging thank you to the stall owner.

on the walk back, i admire all the soft toys hanging from the stall hooks. they looked a bit dirty but they happy all the same. i shake my vigorously. yoongi what are you doing? they're stuffed toys, they can't feel anything. i saw many smiling faces that belonged to children, and their parents who looked tired but content. i suddenly flashback to when i was once their age and my father would lift me onto his shoulders and parade me around the house. my mother would tell me stories at night: she was good at that. until my father decided to ruin our lives for us.

i'm hanging out with hoseok, i shouldn't be thinking about my parents right now. finally, i reach the spot where we agreed to meet but hoseok is nowhere to be seen. i'm not too worried though, the popcorn stall seemed rather far away. he hasn't texted me or anything so i assume he's alright. maybe it was a long queue or the machine was broken.

suddenly i hear a shout and there's a sharp pain in the right side of my head. i mouth fuck before staggering round to see who shouted. i see a vaguely familiar head of brown hair before my vision grows dark and i collapse on the floor.
___________________
hi