FOURTEEN.

hoseok
stupid, stupid, stupid.

i was currently sat on the bus, yoongi right beside me. he was oblivious to his surroundings and seemed to be fascinated with the sleeve of my hoodie. i'm blushing profusely under my gigantic scarf; i had only just met the guy, for goodness sake yet felt like a schoolgirl with a crush. i mentally slap myself for being so doltish and try not to focus on my feelings.

i feel a nudge at my side to find yoongi staring intently at me.

"hey hoseok, i think we're here." he whispers and i nod. after adjusting my glasses to sit more comfortably on my face, i follow him off of the bus and onto the pavement. the walk there was mostly silent, except for the usual small talk. then the dreaded subject came up.

"how drunk was i last night? be honest," yoongi says softly. i chuckle.

"you were wasted. how much did you have to drink?" i reply light-heartedly. he just groans in response.

"too much. thanks for the painkillers though." we arrive at the restaurant and yoongi holds the door open for me.

"no problem. now shush and find us a table. i'll be back in a second." he nods as i head swiftly towards the bathrooms, pulling my phone out with me as i do so.

SHOOKJIN

j-hoe
jin

j-hoe
jinnn

shookjin
what hobi?

j-hoe
i need ur help

shookjin
wait with what?

j-hoe
a sort of date??

shookjin
A DATE?

shookjin
with who?

j-hoes
none of ur
business

j-hoe
just help me
pls ok?

shookjin
fine, hmu if
u need anything
read 13:27

i left the bathroom pretty quick, afraid of leaving yoongi alone for too long.

"ah you're finally back! i thought you left me for a second there." he grins at me and i notice how gummy his smile is.

"sorry, my bad. have you ordered anything?" i took my seat opposite yoongi in the booth, unravelling the scarf from my neck and taking off my coat.
"is a caramel macchiato ok? i didn't know what else, sorry."

"stop apologising. a caramel macchiato is fine, thank you." he nods again before clearing his throat.

"do you know what to order? i'm not really sure, there are so many options..." he trails off, eyeing the menu.

"i think i'm going to try the seafood ramen. how about you?" i ask plainly.

"i think i'm gonna go for the chicken ramen actually. i only want something simple." he chuckles quietly and i call over a waitress who quickly takes our order.

"so, tell me about yourself." i lay my hands on the table, playing with the chopsticks slightly.

"well, my name is min yoongi and i'm gonna be 24 years old this year*. i like to sleep a lot so my friends call me grandpa, even though i'm not really that old. i usually have zero tolerance for bullshit and i'm working on a mixtape, under the name of agust d. oh, my nickname is also suga."

"hello suga, i'm jung hoseok but you can call me hobi or j-hope. i like to dance in my spare time and i currently rap in a band with my friends, who sing. it's not really serious but hey, it's pretty fun. i'll be turning 23* this year so i guess that makes you my hyung. also, i'm very gay and proud. you could probably tell though." i nervously chuckle at the end, afraid i had said too much.

"hah it's ok. i'm pretty gay as well." we banter for a few more minutes before the waitress returns with our food and we dig in contentedly.

third person
if hoseok and yoongi had looked just to the right, they would've noticed a teenage boy dressed in a school uniform, making notes for a test.

except it was a saturday, and he was really writing down the address of both yoongi and hoseok's apartments.
__________________
hello! sorry for not updating, i've been watching tae in hwarang aha.

*in korea they would be 25 and 24.