EIGHTEEN.

hoseok
"thank you," i say politely as i hand my money to the guy running the stall.

"keep the change." he nods in response and i grab the two buckets of popcorn i had bought. hopefully yoongi doesn't go overboard with the candy floss.

there wasn't much to admire in this part of the fairground. most of the rides where nearer the centre; only a few small ones were here. but there were definitely plenty of arcade games and photo booths. i feel extremely tranquil and peaceful; i took my time walking down the stretch of grass, in no real rush to meet yoongi. i saw the line to the candy floss before i left and let me tell you, he would've had to wait a long time.

to be completely honest i felt a bit afraid at this end of the fairground. what if something happened and no one could get to me? i just shook off the thoughts and horrendous scenes taking place in my imagination and carried on walking to meet yoongi.

as i near the place where we agreed to meet, i already see yoongi waiting for me with four sticks of candy floss. i begin to run over and i'm about to call his name when he suddenly turns, drops the candy floss and crumples to the ground. eyes widened, i run faster and also drop the popcorn in my haste.

kneeling down besides him, i turn him over onto his side. warm blood is trickling down the side of his face and my heartbeat begins to quicken. i take my scarf and press it to his head to stem the flow of the blood a little. i immediately call 911 upon seeing the damage done.

"hello? yes my friend has been knocked out on the head and won't stop bleeding. where am i? oh at the seoul fairground. yes i'm ok but please hurry. i'm not sure if it's fatal."

i hang up and lay yoongi's head on my lap, checking for his pulse. good...it's still there. despite his bleeding head, he seems alright. i see the candy floss laying on the muddy ground. yuck, that is definitely not edible anymore. looks like it's been dipped in chocolate though.

"5 second rule?" i hear a familiar voice behind me and i turn to see jungkook awkwardly scratching the back of his neck. his other arm is behind his back, hiding something from me.

"haha very funny jungkook. did you see what happened? and how can you be so calm? he is literally bleeding an ocean!"
"right yeah i'm sorry and...um...well...i...we..."
"just spit it out already."
"minghaoandiwereplayingfrisbeeandminghaothrewittowardsyoongibutwedidn'tknowitwashimandididn'trunfastenoughbecauseigotdistractedbyafuckingdogalsoishoutedhisnamebuthewastooslowandgothitonthehead," jungkook says all in one breath.

"oh my god. wait what? minghao is here as well?"
"errr....yes he went to get some water and a first aid kit."
"well there's no point now, i've already called the ambulance!"

"speak of the devil..." i turn to see jungkook pointing to an out-of-breath minghao with the paramedics behind him. i let them take an unconscious yoongi whilst i explain everything, with the help of minghao, jungkook and their point of view.

"can i go in the ambulance with him? i think he'd be grateful."
"i'm afraid not. i don't think it will be fatal but there's no way to tell at this moment in time. you'll have to go with your friends." the paramedic motions towards jungkook and minghao. i nod and sigh but say nothing as i am thrown into the back seat of a car by a trembling jungkook. minghao continuously apologises, yet i tell him not to worry.

"it was all going so well," i say after a few minutes of silence. the drive seemed to be taking a while and i knew i had both of their full attention. well, maybe not jungkooks...

"we went out for some 10/10 ramen at the new place that just opened and he made me laugh so much. i took him to the fair and we went on the carousel. he called me a horse but i called him a turtle so it was all good but then minghao's shit aim and jungkook's small attention span meant he had to get hurt."

simultaneously, minghao and jungkook say 'hey!' but i pay no attention to them. i continue to sigh heavily as i stare out of the window, wishing for the drive to end.

"hoseok, please don't worry. the paramedic said that there's a chance it's not fatal," minghao mumbles.

"i know but the head is a dangerous place minghao."

"i know hyung i'm sorry. m'just trying to lighten the mood." jungkook is silent but i know he feels awkward. you could literally cut the tension with a knife.

"look," he says suddenly. "we've arrived at the hospital."
looks like my wish came true for once.

___________________
hello friends
diD ANYONE ELSE FEEL JUNGSHOOK BECAUSE OF THE NEW MV BECAUSE I SURE DID