SIXTEEN.

hoseok
at first, i had no idea where i would take yoongi. didn't want anywhere to be to romantic, if you know what i mean. it had to be the perfect place for friends to hang out and not make it seem like i was in love with him or something like that.

as we walked down the streets of seoul, i saw a flyer taped to a lamp post, flapping in the wind and knew it was the perfect spot.

"where are we going?"
"it's a surprise."
"i hate surprises."
"well i'm sure surprises hate you too." yoongi looks offended for a second before grumbling under his breath.

i chuckle at his immaturity and carry on dragging him to our surprise destination. i think about doing the whole cliche thing of getting him to close his eyes but i feel that would be too much at this stage. finally, we arrive; we're right on time as well.

"well, here we are." i drop yoongi's arm and turn to look at him. his eyes are shining and his mouth is in a wide grin. he looks shocked, but in a good way. i hope.

"you took me to the fairground? thank you so much!" he wraps his arms around me in a tight hug and i quickly respond after a few seconds of surprise.

"i've always wanted to go to the fairground, especially at night time. everything is just so...aesthetic," yoongi says happily. i'm glad he liked the surprise.

"well i'm glad you like it. race you to the ticket booth!" i dash off as yoongi gives me an oh it's on look before chasing after me. i easily beat him towards the booth, grabbing a spot in the line. he runs up to me, huffing and puffing.

"running...isn't...my...forte," he pants heavily, hands on his knees. i laugh at help him up.

"put your hands behind your head, it will open your lungs more." he does as i say and instantly looks more relaxed at the huge amounts of oxygen flooding his lungs.

"thanks hoseok," he says after a minute. "look it's nearly us!"

i quickly pay for the tickets, which weren't much. but yoongi made a huge deal out of it.

"hoseok! i can pay for myself, they were only cheap!"
"no don't worry. it's a thank you gift for taking me home that night and not taking advantage of me." i smile widely at him.

"ok then, but next time we hang out i'm paying."

there's going to be a next time? of course hoseok, stop being stupid. you're both friends now.

"c'mon you slow coach, i want to see what rides there are!" this time, he drags me off towards the carousel like a small, impatient child.

we arrive at the carousel, which is just finishing its last turn. hastily, yoongi and i find the two horses which we like the most and we wait for the ride to slow to a complete stop. after showing our tickets, we're let onto the carousel and we head straight for the horses.

yoongi's horse is sleek and black, with a simple red seat and a vibrant curb rein. mine, on the other hand, was a white horse with extravagant designs on the reins and the seat. i read the labels of our horses: mine was called topaz and his was called onyx. soon the music started playing and we began moving.

"woo! hoseok look!" yoongi was standing on the horse's metal stirrups, both arms in the air.

"hyung, be careful! if you fall i'm not taking you to the hospital!" he sits back down and mimics my voice. we gradually get faster and everything becomes a blur. i close my eyes, enjoying the feeling of the wind against my face.

"hey hoseok! that horse looks like you!" i look in the direction of where yoongi was pointing and see a horse with a brown mane, similar to my current hair. i whack him on the arm.

"how dare you, that doesn't even look anything like me!"
"well, it kinda does..." i raise my arm again and he mutters an apology.

"yeah, well you look like that!" i point in a random direction as i say this to yoongi. he follows my finger; i'm pointing to a small girl's stuffed turtle.

"how am i a turtle? i'm your hyung remember!" i laugh and brush off his attempt to scare me.

"the ride's coming to an end. did you enjoy it?" i ask innocently, faking a huge smile.

"i'm not letting this drop, i'll get you back."
"ah come on, let's go on some more rides!"
___________________
hello its me again and this is just a filler for the next chapter :)