THIRTY.

one year later

"hoseok? hoseok, wake up!" i slowly open my eyes to find my roommate taehyung standing over my bed, scowling at me. i lightly punch his thighs.

"leave your hyung alone. i'm trying to sleep," i say groggily, rolling over to face away from him.

you're probably wondering what happened to me after someone left me a year ago. i easily slipped into depression, which scared myself and others around me. i ignored everyone's calls for a month and wouldn't let anyone see me. eventually i ran out of ramen and was spending too much on takeaway so i asked seokjin to bring some food round. unfortunately, he was busy with namjoon (they had recently moved in together and namjoon was planning on proposing, but jin didn't know this yet) so he sent taehyung instead.

i didn't really know him at the time but i'm glad jin sent him. after dropping off the food, he asked to stay for a while and a large part of me thought it was a good idea, for some reason. he cheered me up and made us both some pasta. he also helped tidy my apartment, which was a mess of empty takeaway boxes and ramen cups. my rent was due soon and i still hadn't got a job.

fast forward a month, and taehyung was now my best friend. he came over whenever he could and eventually we decided on living together. i was slowly getting over yoongi's disappearence, thanks to taehyung. he already had a job, which was working as a detective for the police force. he paid full rent twice, despite my constant protests.

"get a job and help then," he would say and, in the end, i did.

there was a position open for an officer at the same station he worked for so i though, hey why not? after passing the test i officially became a part of the seoul police force. i enjoy what i do and it helps me forget yoongi.

"hoseok, my shift starts in literally 20 minutes and i need you to drive me. yours starts soon anyway so you might as well," taehyung says, clearly annoyed. i hastily sit up in bed.
"twenty minutes? fuck tae, why didn't you wake me up sooner?"

"because i was skyping jungkook. i have other friends as well."

"you're literally going to see him in an hour." jungkook works with us as well.

"yeah so?"
"anyway, did you say hello for me?"
"yes, of course i did. don't forget to take your meds today." i roll my eyes: i don't need them anymore but the doctors insist i take them just in case. i'm completely over yoongi. or am i?

"hurry up! the bathroom's free!" taehyung sings as he exits my room, leaving me to get ready. i head straight for the bathroom, quickly getting myself ready and taking my meds. i exit just as tae leaves his room, in a detective-like suit. i struggle to hide a snort.

 i struggle to hide a snort