TWENTY FOUR.

hoseok
to say that i'm worried is an understatement. i'm fearing for yoongi's life, despite knowing him for what, a month? there are still so many places i want to go with him like to the beach or his studio. maybe even america, you never know.

but i can do zero of those things right now because yoongi is probably missing and there's little i can do about it. he must be alive, he read my message. albeit, it was around 2 hours ago and anything could've happened by now but i still continue to pace around my apartment until i feel a buzz from my back pocket.

YOONGAY

yoongay
it's me. i'm alright don't worry.

he's alive.

yoongay
meet me at the coffee shop asap

yoongay
it's important

without hesitation, i respond with a quick ok for confirmation and i pull on my bomber jacket and shoes. i lock the door after me and hurry over to the coffee shop, checking my phone every 5 seconds.

i arrive soon enough, slightly out of breath from speed-walking as fast as i could across the road. yoongi's already in a booth and sipping slowly from a cappuchino. he never goes for a cappuchino. as i approach his table, i notice how jittery and on edge he seems. his leg is bouncing up and down uncontrollably and he keeps looking around like someone's watching him. i order myself a latte and slide in opposite yoongi. he seems more relaxed once i'm here.

"hey yoongi, are you ok?"
"hmm? oh yeah, i'm fine! how about you?" i internally cringe at this new side of yoongi. he looks paranoid beyond belief. i don't like it: this isn't my yoongi.

"i'm fine i guess."
"i'm sorry for leaving you like that this morning. it was an emergency and i had to go. thank you for having me round though, it was nice," he says hastily. i put my warm hand over his shaking ones.

"yoongi calm down. what did you want to talk about?" he looks completely shell-shocked at our two hands but he quickly regains his composure.

"um well i'm not sure how to word this but...feelings." oh dear god. i watch him swallow harshly and worry and dread fills me.

"ok please don't freak out because we haven't known each other for too long but...i really like you a lot and i'm glad you took me to get ramen and then to the fair, even if i did get knocked out," he says shyly. my hand still holds his firmly.

"wait, you like me?" i ask incredulously. he simply nods.

"well that's a good thing because i like you too. i never really believed in love at first sight but hey, here we are," i say casually, even though i'm actually screaming on the inside. he breathes a sigh of relief.

"c'mon let's go to the park, it's a nice day!" i say happily.

yoongi and i talked everything out and it turns out we were both feeling similar things. i'm glad, honestly.

"alright alright. wait here and i'll pay." i watch yoongi speedily make his way to the counter and he hands over his money. i wait awkwardly by the exit and he joins me after a minute. shyly i link my hand with his and thankfully, he doesn't pull away. we walk like this to the park, not uttering a single word but squeezing each others hands for comfort.

althought we're serene and peaceful right now, i can tell something's bothering yoongi. he's constantly looking over his shoulder and he keeps zoning out. his hands are still shaking; he says it's the cold but i can tell it's not. we find a dry bench to sit on and we observe everyone who walks past.

laying my head on his shoulder, i take this as an opportunity to ask him what's up.

"hey yoongi? are you feeling ok?"
"yeah. why?" he answers, almost too quickly.
"ah you just seem jittery. s'all." i snuggle further into him as he slowly puts his arm around me.

"hey hoseok? what are we?" yoongi asks me after a while.
"whatever you want us to be." there's a silent understanding between us and yoongi's breath forms mist in the cold air.

"i wish we could stay like this forever."
"me too. hey want to do something crazy?" yoongi suddenly gets up, nearly causing me to smack my head on the bench.

"like what?" i respond, sitting up straight.
"you'll see." he grabs my hand and pulls me towards the nearest hairdresser's.
__________________
hi pls read my yoonmin fanfic ty