3 - Vee: Devoid

"You're pregnant?"

I flinched at the drastic change in volume of his voice. I noticed his fists clenching at his sides, his jaw tensing and I gulped.

I wasn't going to let him scare me - as much as Colt did act out, I wouldn't let the father of my child be the reason for my fear.

I stood my ground even as my body trembled and I nodded boldly, narrowing my eyes at his venomous gaze. He was seething, suddenly whipping around and grabbing fistfuls of his own hair as he took it in.

Without warning, he whipped back around and stalked up towards me, emanating an involuntary gasp out of me.

"Get rid of it," he snarled.

Those four words were enough to make my head spin and my stomach churn. I clutched my belly and let out a shaky breath, feeling sick to my stomach. The weak tremor in my knees wasn't helping my much needed stamina.

"No."

He locked his jaw, glaring coldly without a trace of emotion. It terrified me even further as he stared at me without breaking eye contact.

"Fucking do something with it or I'll make you do it myself."

I blinked back the tears that pricked in the back of my eyes, feeling my throat go dry with all the emotions I refused to let go of.

All I could do was shake my head, my voice coming out in a low whisper. "I said no, Colt."

In the blink of an eye, he lurched himself at me and I screamed as he grabbed my face in fury.

"Colt!" I screamed, attempting to shove his hand off of my face, but he gripped it harder, squeezing my cheeks beneath his fingers.

"What the fuck are you saying?" he demanded, staring down at me with pure hatred.

I fought to get his hand away from my face, when he finally let go. He let me go in a dismissing manner, and my knees shook beneath me, sending me toppling over my own feet towards the floor.

All I could do was whimper as I landed; my body splayed on the floor. I waited for another sudden outburst, another livid growl... But only a disturbing silence rang in my ears.

I knew karma would get back at me for hitting him first that night, but this was unjustified torture. I looked up at him to see that he was glaring at me in both pure hatred and sickness. His face paled and he looked almost as if he would spew his guts as well.

For a moment, I pitied him. God, I pitied him. My Colt - emotionally damaged, anger-driven... Affection deprived.

"No," he mumbled, backing away from me like I was a disease. "No... You're lyin' t'me! You're lyin'... This - this isn't true... You're..."

I finally choked out a sob, shaking my head before he stalked over at me again, grabbing my shoulders. He shook me hard enough to wrack my entire body, his fingers boring into my fragile flesh of my shoulders.

"You're lying," he pressed.

I shook my head again cautiously, watching him with a weary gaze. His false hope quickly died away in his eyes when I shook my head evasively.

He suddenly dropped his gaze to my stomach, and I watched angry tears free themselves from the confines of his eyes.

He slammed his fist down onto the floor, pounding it and pounding it without avail. He held onto one of my hands so tightly in the process, his grip nearly crushing my bones.

"Colt," I sobbed, raising a shaky hand to touch his face, but he shoved my hands away from him.

"You... How could you do this?" he yelled, only now his tone was much more somber.