7 - Vee: Collapse

I struggled to open my eyes at first, feeling them stick together with drowsiness. When I managed to get then partially opened, I stretched my body out and raised my head, realizing the oddly familiar scent of my pillow.

Quite truthfully, I hadn't slept that well in weeks. I didn't dream, I didn't think. My mind was free of all worries, even if it had been for merely a few hours.

I glazed my eyes over the medium blue walls and recognized the room as Colt's in an instant. I immediately searched my memory for the reason I would be here... I couldn't remember much from last night at all for some reason.

There was the fair... Then Colt and Avan... Ben, and -

Then it came to me.

"Maybe it was a bad dream," I whispered to myself, though I wasn't convinced.

I wanted to cry, I really did, simply because I needed that emotional outlet for all of the shit I've been going through. But at the same time, I felt like I had no energy to.

My stomach felt uneasy, and I knew what was going to happen before I could process another thought. I got up from the bed and ran into the master washroom to find Colt brushing his teeth.

He looked up at me worriedly and I brushed past him, dropping to my knees in front of the toilet bowl. I heaved and my vision blurred, everything I'd eaten the day before filling the toilet in front of me.

Colt's hands came behind me and held my hair, while his other hand rubbed my back soothingly. It was unfamiliar to me, but it was a calming gesture. Not nearly as confident as Stella's, but rather more careful. As much as I wanted to shove his hands away from me, I didn't want vomit in my hair at all.

When I finally finished, I flushed the toilet and slumped against the counter lifelessly. I hid my face in my hands - this was by far the worst symptom of being pregnant so far.

"Vee?" I looked behind me to see a very tired, disheveled looking and shirtless Colt crouched beside me, his expression concerned. "You okay?"

I turned away and stood up, walking over to the sink and rinsing my mouth. I wasn't going to speak to him directly and I give him an easy pass. He wasn't going to be forgiven, and he knew for a fact that I was good at holding a grudge.

For now, I refused to speak to him.

I finished up and walked out, heading over to my bag. He followed behind me only a few seconds afterwards, scratching the back of his neck awkwardly.

"Uh, how are you feeling?"

I didn't answer again as I rifled through my bag to find acceptable clothes. I would call someone to pick me up, or I'd walk. London was rarely bright and sunny, but I knew I'd be okay. I just needed some goddamn fresh air.

What was bothering me was that I still couldn't piece together last night. I remembered everything - our arguments and his last words... But how the hell did I end up in his bed? We didn't have sex; I knew that for a fact. Did I end up leaving the fight and heading upstairs? Why was I in his room then, if that were the case?

"You fainted last night," he said, his voice low.

I immediately turned around to look at him, knowing he must've sensed my confusion.

"What?"

I watched his Adam's apple bob in his throat as he gulped. "I was worried and I called the ambulance. They checked your vitals and said it was because of high blood pressure - our arguments weren't good for you."

I automatically dropped whatever I had in my hand and my heart rate was going through the roof.

"No..." I mumbled in fear.