21 - Vee: Like This

We ended up getting Chinese takeout, as per the baby's request. I sat in the car already devouring mine as Colt drove, his patience growing short.

"Gimme a bite of your chicken, babe," he pleaded, turning his head to my direction with his mouth agape.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head. "No! This is my chicken, you can't eat it. Get your own."

His eyes that never left the road, finally glanced over to glare at me. "Please, Vee. Feed me just a little bit."

I opened up his takeout container and picked out his chicken, taking a bite of it unknowingly to him before putting it up to his mouth.

"Here," I smiled evilly, and he smiled before going to take a bite.

"Wait," he stopped suddenly, horror stricken. "There's a bite taken out of this!"

I choked on a laugh, putting it back to my mouth to take yet another bite.

"Yeah, it's pretty good. You should try some."

He gasped, his expression priceless. "Vee, give me back my chicken!"

I put the drumstick up to his mouth and he bit into it harshly, snagging my finger with his pearly whites in the process.

"Ow!" I yelped, pulling my hand away and dropping his chicken back into the container. He cackled in laughter, attempting to focus on the road. "You asshole. You fucking bit me."

I squinted to examine the damage, bringing it up to my mouth to suck on the throbbing skin.

"Awh, don't be a baby," Colt jeered me in a baby voice.

"I'm not! You didn't have to bite me!"

He chuckled, rolling his eyes. "Okay, let me see it."

"No," I grumbled, jutting out my lip. "You're mean." He laughed again and I narrowed my eyes at him. "Stop laughing!"

He bit his lip but began laughing all over again, making me laugh a little, too. I smacked his arm and he laughed harder, so I smacked him again, harder.

His laughter was overwhelmingly contagious and I couldn't help but admire the small dimples that formed on the tops of his cheeks under his eyes that I've loved since forever.

"All right," he breathed, finally finished laughing just as he pulled in front of the house. "I think I'm done laughing at your craziness, babe."

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah. Let's go inside, it's cold."

He chuckled again, making my lips twitch in a smile. I slid out of the car, grabbing my jacket as Colt took the food from me, his expression evidently amused.

"Wipe that grin off your -" I began to scold him, but he shut the door loudly, making me jolt in surprise.

His body moved quickly, grabbing me by the waist and drawing me in close. I looked up at him dumbfounded as to how rapidly his fluid movements were delivered.

"Oh, my -" his lips that were a dangerous few inches from mine made me whimper involuntarily, his now sapphire eyes gleaming in the little light of the evening.

Without a word, his lips teased mine, brushing against the corner of my mouth. They travelled to where I desired them to be and I let out a shaky breath, waiting to be kissed.

I inhaled once as his lips shadowed mine, suddenly smelling something that made me giggle. I bit my lip to keep from laughing, but Colt's eyes had already shot open, his eyebrow perched.