15 - Vee: Bittersweet

"I have something to tell you, Vee," he spoke, his voice uneven.

Those words were usually followed by unpleasant news, so instead of saying anything to protest, I waited patiently for him to continue.

My crotch was still pressed against his torso, and my heart was pounding in my chest. Murdering the moment we'd created was agitating, considering that Colt was all flustered and adorable at the given time and I so badly wanted to jump his bones - but this was the side effect of being with Colt McGregor.

"I..." he began to say and he squeezed his eyes shut, a resentful expression bearing his features. He didn't speak for a few seconds and I took that as a hint to move past the sexual frustration of the moment.

I swung my leg off of him and he sat up, rubbing the back of his neck almost shamefully.

"You were right," he said simply, and I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "I didn't actually have a surprise for you. I made reservations and requests after you accused me of lying. I wanted to prove that I could surprise you... But it was really, uh, kind of a distraction."

I sat for a few moments, drinking in what he had to say. Somehow, I knew this was going to happen... Even if I really wished it didn't have to be that way.

I scoffed to conceal my disappointment, shaking my head before getting off of the bed and turning my back to him. I should've known it wasn't something he did in attempt to prove himself.

That was usually the case.

"I knew it was too good to be true," I muttered, walking over to the dresser to slip my jewelry off.

I wasn't really upset that he made the date up on a whim, but I was upset that he found the need to lie about it. As if I would throw a tantrum if I didn't get what I wanted. And all I did want was a date out with my boyfriend... As if that were a crime.

He let out an unsteady breath, and I looked up at him through the mirror. He slid off the bed, standing up to adjust his shirt.

"I know you're mad 'cause I did it all for a stupid reason, but you don't understand," he explained. I turned around to face him and folded my arms over my chest.

"Then tell me already, for God's sake. Spit it out - I'm not going to listen to bullshit."

He was burning a hole in the ground, his eyes never looking up to meet mine as he kept his voice in a deadly calm tone.

"Last week, after we argued about Avan texting you and whatever, I left. And when I left, I... I went to Avan's flat and I... I shoved him as soon as he opened the door... And, well..."

I stood immobilized for a moment before I could make sense of what Colt was saying, because he was but wasn't telling me what really happened. What he was really saying was that he went over to Avan's apartment to beat the living hell out of him. That's the reason why Avan hasn't been answering my messages since...

I covered my face with my hands in shame. This was my boyfriend. This was my baby's father.

"I know it's really stupid, but I was angry. I didn't want you to know because you'd be upset that I'd did something like that, but honest to God, if I'd known that his family was over -"

"His family?" I interjected, completely caught off guard.

He balked, running a hand through his dirty blonde hair in guilt. "I didn't know. I just wanted to teach him a lesson and get him to leave you alone. I- I didn't want them to see that. I just wanted to - fuck, Vee, I don't even know what I fucking wanted. All I want is -"