Chapter 1 The Move

Ronnie

Amy and I step out of LAX airport into the California heat. We look around and Amy asks, "Where is Aunt Frankie?"

"She's on her way pumpkin. You have to let her navigate the traffic to get here, okay?" I reason.

"Okay."

While we wait, I think back on the past three months. On their graduation night, my brother's asked Frankie to marry them and she said yes. They immediately decided that she needed to marry Dylan legally at the court house the next week and they will have their commitment ceremony this weekend. I'm so happy for them.

My Grandfathers are happy that she is legally a part of the family now and they have actually set up a trust fund for her. She doesn't know it yet, but she's a very rich woman. Our parents have calmed down some in trying to kiss her ass, but Frankie still keeps a little distance from them. On the bright side, since they call more, their relationships with my brothers have improved.

They moved out here a month ago and Amy and I had to stay behind and close up both houses after they sold. I also had to tie up some loose ends. They sold this house just like they sold the other one, fully furnished. Of course, it went quickly. Although our house was mostly furnished when we sold it, some of my pieces have sentimental value and I will take them with me wherever I go.

Our parents tried to talk me out of moving, but I really want to stay near Frankie and my brothers. I know that I've guided her through a lot, but she has helped me a lot also. I didn't know that someone could be so giving and loyal. She is my best friend, my sister and I love her with all of my heart.

Frankie's headband and bracelet business is booming. She has to hire someone to help her since she still plans on working at an engineering job as soon as she finds one. I don't know if they can do as good of a job as she does, but we'll see.

I see her pull up in the dark blue range rover that our grandfathers bought her for graduation. I'm looking around at the traffic and I don't see how she does it. We toss our carryon luggage in the back and I put Amy in her car seat in the back, before getting in the front.

"Hey girl! I'm glad that you all have made it! I missed you," she says seriously as she gives me a side hug.

"Is there anything wrong?" I ask.

"I'm just nervous, that's all. There's so many last minute things going on and I'm still furnishing the house. Our Grandpas are coming tomorrow and they want to stay with us, which would be fine under normal circumstances, but all we have is the bedroom furniture and some pots and pans. I know that you just got here, but will you be able to help me to at least get a dining room set and a living room set today?"

I place my hand on her arm, "I can help you. All Amy and I have to do is drop off our bags at the house and we're at your service."

"Thank you so much. Do you know that your parents insisted on coming down for the commitment ceremony?"

"Really?" When our parents first heard about what their relationship, they had a fit. Even though they are still trying to get on Frankie's good side because of our Grandfathers, they still tried to talk them out of the arrangement. Finally, Dylan told them that he's already legally married to her and they've been living like this for over a year and a half and it's working for them. They can accept it and deal with it or not accept it and stay away. Grandfather came around the corner right at that time and they quickly accepted it.

"Yep. Of course they found out our Grandpa's were coming, so they insisted on coming also. Grandpa R says that if they don't behave, he'll make their lives a living hell." There's a small smile on her face. She doesn't realize that she's the only person to call them Grandpa and we see them more now than we have in the past five years.

"Aunt Frankie have you seen our house?" Amy asks.

"I have. Its right next door to ours," she tells her.

"How does it look?" Amy asks.

"We'll be there in a little while and you can see it then. But the best part about it, is that the beach is in your back yard!"

"Wow! I can go swimming everyday!" Amy says in awe. My baby starts kindergarten this year. On the bright side, her school district has all day kindergarten. She'll love it.

It takes about an hour and a half, but we make it to our new home. She pulls into my driveway and helps us put our things inside. She tells us that she'll be back in an hour and then we can go shopping. She gets in the car and backs out and pulls into their driveway next door, where all of the guys hurry out to see her. I look at all of them as they kiss her and make sure she's fine.

I'm wondering if I will ever have that. Even with just one guy.