Chapter 27 - Home Sweet Home

Ronnie

I wake up this morning with Tyler wrapped around me. His head is nestled in the back of my neck, our legs intertwined. I move a little bit and I feel his breath as it caresses the back of my neck, "How are you? After the full on drama last night, I know that you're exhausted."

"I'm okay. Just a little tired. I have to get up and get those papers completed and sent over to the law firm," I tell him.

"As soon as you're finished, we'll have breakfast and you will take another nap before we go out again. I notice when you counsel these young ladies, it drains you. My mom is coming to get the girls so she can spend the day with them. She's been bugging me about it since we arrived." His fingers are rubbing mine soothingly. I nod and he lets me up.

After I get ready, I go into the living area and fire up my laptop. I have an email from Manuel and the Law Firm that's handling this case telling me that they'll have someone pick up the papers at the time I give them. I start the paperwork and when I'm close to being done, I send out the emails letting them know that they can send someone out in the next hour.

Victoria arrives and the girls happily go with her after hugging and kissing me. I finally finish and the courier arrives to pick up the file. After, the guys tell me about what happened after I left and they laughed at the look on Allen's face when they told him who I am. "He's been trying to get on at that firm since he got out of law school. Maybe that will teach him not to judge someone before he gets to know them." Sol says.

"Or open his big mouth before he finds out the whole story," Gray adds.

"You would think with him being a lawyer, he would have at least done a background check on you before judging you. He's an idiot!" Tyler laughs.

"I'm over it. Is breakfast on the way?" I ask.

"It should be up any second now," Tyler says. Right on cue, there's a knock on the door. Sol opens it and let's our breakfast be rolled in on the cart. He tips the bell person and closes the door behind them. We get our breakfast and have a seat at the table.

I take a small bite of my eggs. I chew and swallow, then ask, "Have the girls asked any questions about last night?"

"They asked a couple of questions. We had a talk and they understand. They'll be fine," Sol tells us. I nod and we finish eating. Then Tyler takes me to bed and rubs my back until I fall asleep.

I awake a couple of hours later to talking in the living room. I go to the bathroom to refresh myself and saunter into the living room. Angela is here talking to the guys. They look up as I approach.

"Hey Babe. How was your nap?" Grey asks.

I amble over and sit by him, "It was just what I needed. Hi Angela. How are you?"

"Hi Ronnie. I came by to see how you were doing. You looked so exhausted after you finished last night."

"I'm fine. I was able to sleep some more today, so I feel a lot better. Where's Paul?"

"He's at work. He won't be home until later. I would like to fix dinner for you again tonight. Without the extra company," she says.

"How about we take you out to dinner instead. To pay you back for getting me to the hospital in a timely manner," I offer. The guys agree and she accepts. We agree on a restaurant and time.

We talk for a little longer before she decides to leave. We hug her and tell her that we'll see them later. We go back to the couch and sit down. I call Victoria and she tells me that they are at the zoo again and they're having a good time. We decide to relax until she gets back with the girls. Sol is fielding calls from his brother and sister in law, wanting to speak with me and apologize. The only reason they want to apologize is because they found out who I am. I don't want to be bothered with them anyway because it's one thing to mess with me, but it's unforgivable to do that to my daughter.