Chapter 24 - The Rest of the Time

Ronnie

The next few weeks fly by and the next thing we know, school is out. I hire Lydia to babysit and entertain the girls while I'm working. She loves it and the girls love her. She's seven months along and showing now so it's a little hard for her to get around, but she's a trooper and the girls like to help her. Every day when they drop her off, her parents thank me.

Dr. Sun advised Lydia to get her GED because she won't be able to go back to school on a regular basis after the baby is born, so Lydia is taking classes online. She will be taking the test two weeks before the baby is due. Here's to the baby being on time and not early. She told me the other day that she realizes exactly what Griffin did to her and she's glad that she got the closure that she needed to move on.

My guys continue to work and spend as much time with me and the girls as possible. Since the girls and Lydia are here during our lunch time, we go out for lunch every day to have alone time together. They have been very creative, finding small, out-of-the-way restaurants to take me to. The change in scenery has helped me so much and I feel less stressed.

Today is the fourth of July and Frankie and I and our guys are hosting a large picnic/party on the beach. Our grandfathers are coming and after a heavy discussion, we decide to allow the rest of the family to come. They were given a warning, one thing wrong and they will all be kicked out.

All of the guy's employees and their families have been invited, and my brother's and Frankie's employees have been invited also. We allow the girls to invite a few friends from their class and they are excited. We have Lydia invite her friends from school and her parents come along.

We take all of the necessary precautions that we did with the girls' beach party, except this time we add security. Everyone is directed around the house to the beach by security. My family starts grumbling, but one look from grandfather A and they stop.

Amazingly, they didn't bring Leah and Emma along this time. I'm grateful for that, but unfortunately, since Olivia is married to Rayne, she is here.

My mother keeps glancing my way like she wants to talk to me. I'm not going to make the first move for any of them. If they want to speak with me, they'll have to approach me. I continue to make the rounds speaking to everyone. One of my guys are always with me, which I love. I think they asked my brother's how they are doing it because one of them is always with Frankie too. I'm feeling more secure about all of this.

The girls are playing in the sand, making sand castles with a few of the other children with a parent standing by. We're all rotating instead of hiring a sitter for them. Everyone is dressed accordingly. My grandfathers are dressed in shorts, t-shirts and fishing hats. June is wearing a pair of light blue shorts and a white tank top. She has her hair pulled back off of her face with a red headband. They are all sitting under the umbrella with a few other people their age talking and having a drink.

I'm surprised at how my parents are dressed. Our fathers are all wearing board shorts and tank tops and our mothers have on swimsuits with cover ups over them. I've never seen them dressed in anything other than business or formal attire. Rayne and Lucas are wearing board shorts and no shirts and Olivia is wearing the skimpiest bikini she can find. Rayne finally got tired of some of the men gaping at her and made her put on a cover up, much to all of the women's relief.

According to Frankie, Rayne did take my advice and have a paternity test done on his son and it came out positive that he's the father. I'm glad for his sake. He and our parents must have spoken with Olivia before they came, because she's keeping a wide berth around my brothers and my men, making for an extremely peaceful party.