Chapter 9 - Here We Are

Ronnie

I turn off the computer. That poor girl is in denial. I saw the same reaction in myself when it happened to me. Luckily, I was able to get her to listen because I know exactly how she feels. The pain was so fresh in her tear-streaked face, if I were there, I would have hugged her. At least when the teacher quit this time, he wasn't smart enough to move. The police found him at his residence and arrested him. She was hesitant to press charges, although the police has a case against him with or without her consent and they are going to charge him regardless. I was able to talk her into pressing charges against him. I spoke with Manuel and whoever is going to take her case, will ask that he be on work release, so that he can pay child support. I'll follow up with her next week, to make sure that she's getting better.

Frankie dropped off the girls, telling me that they have to go talk to the contractor for the office. She said that she didn't know why she had to go with them, but I think something else is up, because she couldn't wipe the smile off of her face the whole time she spoke with me. I'll figure it out later. I feed the girls dinner and make them take a bath and put on their pajamas and put on a movie, so they can sit down and watch it. I need a glass of wine and I'm going to have one.

Solomon calls me a little later to check on the girls and to tell me that he'll pick them up to take them to school tomorrow. Works for me. After he takes them to school, I can sleep for another hour before starting work. I finally get the girls down to sleep and drink another glass of wine before falling asleep myself.

This morning, I get the girls up and dressed. When Solomon rings the doorbell, they both run to the door, but don't answer it because I tell them not to. I open the door to a handsome Solomon. He takes my breath away every time I see him. After giving the girls a hug and getting them settled into the car, he comes around and gives me a hug. I sink into his body getting the comfort I need from him. I pull back and he tilts my face up to his, pressing his lips to mine for just a second before pulling back and walking around to the other side of the car. He tells me that he'll see me later and pulls off. What was that? I'm glad it happened, but I kind of thought it would be a bigger deal, I guess. As short as it was, I loved it. I walk back inside and get into bed, falling asleep thinking about our first kiss.

After I get up and start working for a little while, the doorbell rings. I look out of the peephole and it's Greyson with lunch. As I open the door, my stomach growls and Grey laughs, "Looks like I'm just in time."

I wave him in the door with a smile on my face. I'm glad to see him. I missed them all last night, "What did you bring us today?"

I follow him into the kitchen and watch him as he sits two Greek salads on the island. He takes off the lids and reach back inside of the bag and pull out two plastic silverware sets. I go to the cabinet and pull out two paper cups and go to the refrigerator and get some juice and pour them in the cups. I sit them on the island in front of the plates and Grey pulls out my chair and helps me into it before pushing me forward towards the table.

I take a bite, "Thank you so much! This is just what I needed."

"You've had a busy past couple of days. You deserve it," he takes my fork from me and feeds me what's on it. I smile while I'm chewing. The way that they take care of me is touching.

"How is your day going so far?" he asks.

"Not too bad. I didn't expect to be so busy yesterday. It looks like everyone was busy though. What happened to you at work?" I ask.

He looks at me strangely for a second, then answers, "The wrong fabric was delivered and we had to get the correct one delivered or we would have missed a deadline."