Chapter 12 - Thanksgiving with the Cranks

Ronnie

The family starts trickling in today. They try to insist on staying with me since the grandfathers are staying with Frankie, but again they come to our rescue. Grandfather A reminds them that they weren't invited in the first place, so they need to find a hotel nearby. Before they leave the house, Grandfather A gives them the address of Tyler's restaurant and the time to be there tomorrow. When they inquire about dinner tonight, Grandfather R advises them that they are on their own. I hide my smile as they walk out the door grumbling.

I walk over to our Grandfathers and give them both a grateful hug, "Thank you both so much! I love you."

"Maybe this will keep them away next time," Grandfather R rumbles.

Frankie steps up and gives him a hug, "You know you love that the family comes together for the holidays and tries to keep the peace when they are here."

Grandfather A rebuts, "The only reason that they try to keep the peace is because of you. I'm very grateful for that by the way." He kisses her on the top of her head.

She pulls back and turns to me, "What are we doing for dinner tonight?"

Tyler walks into the room, "I can cook again. It's no problem."

"No. We will go out tonight, because we will be cooking most of the day tomorrow. Have you put a television in the back of the restaurant for the girls?"

He rolls his eyes, "I have," he walks over to me and kisses me on the nose, "Who knew when I started dating you, I would get two bosses."

"Whatever. You knew this was my song and dance when you signed on," Frankie laughs and all of us join her. I'm amazed at how much she's blossomed in the past couple of years. She's found her confidence and rolls with it. I love it!

We spend the rest of the day doing small things for tomorrow and some of the smaller cooking that has to be done.

When I wake up this morning, Tyler is already up and gone. He left a note telling me how hard it was to leave me this morning, which warms my heart.

I get up and get ready for the day and then get the girls up. They are so excited for the holiday meal. I wake Solomon and Greyson with a kiss. It became very enjoyable for all of us.

My brothers and Grandfathers come over for breakfast this morning. They sit at the table and watch me as I place plates in front of everyone. "If it's going to be like this every day, I think all of our meals should become buffet style," I sit down at the table with my plate while everyone watches me eat except for Solomon who's finishing his own food.

"I agree. It doesn't matter anyway, Tyler will be cooking most if not all of our meals, so you'll be able to sit down and relax while he takes care of all that," Greyson leans over and kisses me on the side of my head.

"Not if Frankie has anything to say about it. You know how she is about taking care of us," Rand looks down the table at me.

"Why didn't one of you go with her to the restaurant this morning? You know some of the family may try to get there early and talk to her," Grandfather A asks.

"Tyler promised us that he wouldn't let anyone in who arrives at the restaurant early other than us. He swore that he wouldn't let anyone near her," Cameron leans back in his chair. He does look a little worried. As I look at Rand and Dylan they look concerned also.