Chapter 7 - What to Do...What to Do

Ronnie

This afternoon, I get a call from Frankie asking me how the dinner went on Friday.

"Aren't you supposed to be on a weekend away?" I ask.

"I'm waiting for them to finish getting their bags together. They won't let me help," she pouts.

I laugh, "Enjoy the way they spoil you. You deserve it."

"Enough about me. How did everything go?" She asks again.

"It went well." I go on to tell her about dinner Friday night and the zoo outing on Saturday and dinner with Tyler.

I hear the smile in her voice, "I told you that they all want you. How do you feel about them?"

"Since you have three men, you feel like everyone one should." I evade the question, while picking at my nails nervously.

"True. But nothing works unless everyone is on board. How do you feel about all of them?" she asks again.

"Remember how you told me one time that each guy gives you something different?" I adjust myself in my seat.

"Yes," her voice is coaxing me.

"I think that's how I feel about them," I explain.

"You think?"

"Yea. I can't keep any of them out of my mind and the times that Solomon has rubbed my arm, I have actually purred."

I hear the amusement in her voice, "Sweetie, you've just met them. Over the next few weeks, examine your feelings for them. Can you pick one over the other? Can you see your life with just one of them in it? Right now, just enjoy being with all of them and see where it goes."

"Thank you so much Frankie. I don't know what I would do without you." 

"I'm glad that I'm the one who can help you now. After all you have done for me, it makes me happy to do this for you. We'll be leaving in a few minutes. I'll see you later today maybe. Talk to you later. Love you," she says sweetly.

"Love you too. Talk to you later." We disconnect and I think about her for a minute. Frankie has always been the sweetest most giving person I know. For what she has been through, you would think that she would be out for herself and only herself, but she isn't. I know I've helped her a lot, but she is helping me so much. She makes sure I know she loves me every time I speak to her. She does it with the guys and Amy also.

The next few weeks go by quickly. I work, Amy goes to school and one of the guys drop by every day for lunch. We have dinner with them every Friday night. Either at my house or theirs. Sometimes Frankie and my brother's join us. The guys look at them kind of strange like they can't figure it out.

It does get cooler outside but nowhere near as bad as the northeast freeze we're used to having around this time of the year. As I spend more time with the guys, I start to understand what Frankie is telling me. Each of the guys fill something different in me. Solomon makes me feel safe. He's the protector. Greyson gives me that comfortable feeling. He's the nurturer. Tyler is full of energy and he passes that energy to me. He's the fun guy. So, I can't see my life without any of them in it.

Halloween is tomorrow and luckily it's a Friday. I did not look forward to having to wake her up for school the next day if it was on a school day. We've made plans with the guys and Megyn to go trick or treating and go to the church carnival. Frankie and my brothers are going to stay in and hand out candy. After the fiasco a couple of years ago, they are a little paranoid understandably.