Chapter 28 - It's The Holiday's Again!

Ronnie

"How did you all end up in California?" I take a bite of my food as the question hit me.

"After we graduated from college, we were discussing where we wanted to live. We worked and saved up for our move and we visited a few places. We decided to visit here and fell in love. Then we did research because we all wanted to open our own businesses and we wanted to make sure that we could be successful here," Tyler says.

"We figured out that there's actually a niche for what we each wanted to do here, so we moved here and got started building our businesses. After a year we were all up and going. It was a little rough at first, but about the same time, all of our businesses started taking off. That's when I met..." Sol nods at Meg who is having her own conversation with Amy. I wonder if they ever hear our conversations.

"When our businesses started taking off, we decided that we needed our own spaces, so we each got our own apartments. Then the situation happened and we ended up under the same roof again. So we bought a house and here we are. We haven't looked back," Grey takes a bite of his food.

"What brought you here?" Sol asks.

"With how my family was and getting worse, I moved us by my brothers and Frankie when I graduated from college. When they were about to graduate, we all discussed where we wanted to live and like you we had a few places in mind and this is one of them. When we came back a second time, Frankie fell in love with it, and I guess I did too, because there was no argument from me. So we found two houses for sale that were side by side and we loved both of them. So I feel like it must be kismet, because everything came together so quickly.

Then I met you all and I'm so glad that we moved here. It's like it was meant to be," I rub Tyler's back and he looks at me, leans over and kisses me on the forehead.

"We're glad you moved here too. We love you so much!" Grey's fingers run through my hair and I smile. I love my men.

**

Frankie and I are having dinner tonight. She's making me dress up because she's taking me to a fancy dinner.

She insists on picking me up. Like I can't walk next door. What's up with that?

She pulls the car around and after kissing my men and daughters, we leave. We end up at a very fancy restaurant. She parks and we go inside.

After we're seated and the server takes our order, I take in her face. She looks a little tense.

"What's wrong?"

She looks a little startled that I noticed, "I'm a little stunned..."

She stops talking and after a few minutes of silence, I can't take it anymore, "Please tell me what's wrong?"

"I'm pregnant. I just found out right before I picked you up. The doctor called me when I got in the car. You're the first to know. Please don't tell my guys or anyone. I want them to think they're the first to know." She pleads.

"Of course I won't tell. Congratulations! Why aren't you more excited?" I ask.

"What if I turn out like my mother and father?"

"I really want to smack you right now. You have so much love to give. The way that you treat Amy and Meg, just proves that you will be a great mother. Why doubt yourself?" I shake my head.

"I don't know. I think I'm scared. I'm just unsure about everything right now," she takes a sip of her drink.

I reach across the table and take her hand, "You don't have to be unsure about anything at all. My brother's will be ecstatic that you are pregnant. You have our village to help you, just like everyone does with Meg and Amy. You'll be a great mother and everything will be fine."