Chapter 16 - I Was Hoping...Nevermind

Ronnie

We spend the next week getting to know the guys families. They are so nice and ask a lot of questions about our relationship. Since Frankie and my brothers have been in their relationship longer, they ask them a lot more questions. Frankie and the guys are very patient and answer all of them the best they can.

Our Grandfather's girlfriend flew out on the thirtieth to bring in the New Year's with them and us. Of course we had to give her the third degree before we were able to give our blessing to them. They laughed and said that it was only fair since they did the same thing to Frankie and my guys.

Manuel is still working on finding out where Griffin is located. He's been tracing where the checks come from, but haven't found a concrete address yet. I'm getting a little nervous about this. Our Grandfather's told me that my father is looking for him also. He's using every available resource to find him and wants to do it before Manuel, so he can prove to me that he cares. Sounds like my father, to try to make it a contest. What he doesn't realize is that the fact the he lied about it in the first place is what really matters. Also, the fact that he tried to insinuate that I would owe him something if he did it for me. He has a long way to go for forgiveness. They've tried to get ahold of Frankie to ask her to talk to me for them, but of course, no one will give them her telephone number. My brothers told them that they will back me up with whatever I decide.

Everyone comes over to my house to bring in the New Years. Tyler makes finger foods for everyone and we buy a couple of bottles of sparkling cider for the girls who are excited to stay up past their normal bedtime.

We talk, watch a movie and set up a bonfire on the beach to sit around while we wait for the New Year to arrive. I notice Frankie and my brothers staying close all evening, then about ten minutes to midnight, they quietly excuse themselves to bring in the New Year with their own private celebration. Frankie whispers to me that they will see us in the morning. I giggle, waving at her as they walk away with a bottle of champagne in their hands.

Tyler and his dad makes sure that the fire is low enough for us to have a little light and be able to see the fireworks brightly when they start. We fill everyone's glasses with champagne and give the girls champagne glasses full of sparkling apple cider. They're excited, but about to fall asleep. I let them hold on and when midnight hits, have them drink their apple juice. I give them both a hug and kiss my men, happy to bring in the new year with someone I love other than my baby.

"Where did Frankie and the guys go?" Solomon mumbles in my ear as his arms come around my waist from behind.

I turn in his arms, "They have their own private celebration, if you know what I mean."

He kisses me lightly on the tip of my nose, "Too bad we have two little ones that would be a great way to bring in the New Year. I'm a little jealous."

"All in good time man of mine," I smile as he lowers his lips to mine. We hug everyone and take the girls up to bed. I'm glad that we had them put on their pajamas earlier. All we have to do is a quick wash of their feet and put them straight to bed. They go out like a light.

We join everyone in the living room and talk for just a little while longer until their parents leave back to the house. Our grandfather's and their lady friend are staying with us since Frankie and the guys are having their own private celebration. We don't bother them because of what happened the first New Year's after they met. After locking the door, we retire to our room. I fall asleep surrounded by my guys in a nice cocoon.