Chapter 8 - Looking for a Solution

Ronnie

I wake up this morning snuggled in Solomon's bed. It smells so much like him, that I don't want to get out of it. The only thing that would make it better is if he were here with me. I reluctantly move and get ready for the day. Luckily, when the girls and I went shopping yesterday, I bought myself a couple of things, so I have a change of clothes.

I check on the girls and they're already dressed and playing in Megyn's room. I go downstairs and the smell of breakfast entices me towards the kitchen. As I walk through the entryway, Tyler is finishing up some French toast. I sit down at the counter, "Good morning. That smells so good!"

"Here you go," Tyler sets the plate down in front of me with a bottle of honey, "French toast tastes heavenly with honey."

"I know. That's the only way I eat it," I pour some honey over the French toast and take a bite. It tastes divine.

"Have the girls eaten?" I ask in an afterthought.

"Yep. We were just waiting for you," Solomon says.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" I take another bite of my food. It's so good.

"Just like you made us rest, we let you have a day of rest. You need it also. How did you sleep?" Grey rubs my back. I smile. I'm falling more in love with all three of them every single day.

"Thanks. I slept very well. What do you all have planned for today?" I ask.

"We want to go to the park and have a picnic before it starts getting colder. What do you think?" Solomon says.

"Sure, sounds like a great idea. The girls will love it!"

"How about you? Do you love the idea?" Grey asks.

"I do love the idea," I tell them.

After I finish eating, we finish getting the girls ready, while Tyler gets our food for the picnic ready.

When we pull up to the park, it's nice and sunny outside. There are a few other families there enjoying the weather also. We watch the girls as they run and play on the jungle gym with the other kids. Solomon pulls me between his legs and I lean back into him relaxing, while looking at the girls play.

"Are you okay?" he asks.

"Mmhm," I respond. Of course I'm purring on the inside. They all have that effect on me. We all sit back and watch the kids play. After a little while, they move me and I'm lying on Greyson. The purr stays the same, but I feel so safe. After we've sat and chilled for a while, Tyler pulls out our food for the picnic. As he lays out the spread, I call the girls over to eat some lunch. I look at what he's laid out. There's turkey sandwiches and cut up veggies. The girls come over and immediately start eating. When they finish, Tyler pulls out a couple of brownies for them and they squeal. After woofing them down, they run back out to play. I help the guys clean up and when we settle in again, I'm sitting with Tyler. I relax back into him and drift off.

I feel Tyler stroking on my arm waking me, "Wake up sleepyhead. Time to go."

I open my eyes and look at all of them, "What time is it?"

"It's three pm." Grey answers.

I sit up and stretch, "Wow. You guys make the best pillows."

All three smile at me and Solomon calls the girls over. They come running over and we tell them it's time to leave. They both protest, but they do look a little peaked. We fold the blanket and pick up the basket, then head to the SUV, we pile inside and get situated.