Chapter 23 - Dances and More Court Dates

Ronnie

I'm able to take the afternoon off and I'm lying out on the patio with the screens pulled down watching the rain as it patters against it. The small view that I have of the beach from my spot shows the whitecaps as they angrily reach the shore. My bones feel like jelly as I lay resting.

Tyler opens the screen door and walks out to where I'm lying on the reclining chair. "Hey. You look relaxed."

"Mmm, I am."

"Ready for Lunch?"

I shake my head, "In a few." He moves closer and sits on the side of the chair where I'm lying. His fingers reach up and feathers down the side of my face as a small smile graces it. He then leans down and brushes my lips with his, testing my reaction. When I respond he places his lips on mine again deepening the kiss immediately.

My hands grab his shoulders holding on tight as he ravishes my lips. His lips leaves mine and leaves a trail of hot kisses down my cheek as he works his way to my neck as he readjusts his body aligning it with mine. He kisses the spot right below my ear and I let out a low moan. He pays a little extra attention to that area, licking and nibbling before working his way lower.

He stops what he's doing and starts again at my feet. He nibbles and sucks on my toes and works his way up my feet and then my legs, pulling my flowy dress up and removing his clothes as he goes. He lifts my hips working the dress up and over them. A slow sensuous smile graces his face as he takes me in, "No underwear?" I shake my head and smile as he starts to feast on me. My moans fill the patio as he takes his fill, working his way further up my body. When he reaches my face I feel another connection and I close my eyes in ecstasy.

"I'm hungry," I mumble into Tyler's neck, replete from what we just experienced together.

"Give me a couple of minutes to catch my breath and then I'll heat up the food and we can eat." I pucker my lips and kiss his collarbone and he moans, "If you keep doing that, we won't make it to lunch." I move so I can pull my dress back on and his hold tightens on me, "Not yet. Give me a couple of minutes. I just want to hold you." I relax in his embrace, enjoying the closeness.

True to his word, a few minutes later, we get up and dressed and go into the kitchen. He heats up the clam chowder and cheddar biscuits that he brought home for lunch. It's the perfect meal for this type of weather. We enjoy the soup and conversation and he tells me that he has to go back to work.

"You can't take the afternoon off?"

"Quit pouting. I would stay if I could," his arms come around me holding me tightly. He makes quick work of the dishes and kisses me deeply before he leaves.

I make my way back to the patio with a book and spending the rest of the afternoon reading until it's time to pick up the girls.

It's back to the grind today. It's not a real busy day, so I'm going through my work pretty quickly. I get a skype notification and I answer it with dread as Manuel's face fills the screen again. I try not to whine when I say hello, "What is it now?"

"Hello Ronnie," He's smiling at me through the screen, "How do you know that I need something?"

"Because otherwise you would just email me. I know this has something to do with Griffin. Just tell me."

"Lydia wants you to go to court with her in three weeks."

"They got a really quick court date. How did they do that?" I grab my neck, because I can feel the knots starting to form again.