2

I heard sounds of discomfort coming from the bathroom. I rushed in and saw Amy puking in the toilet bowl. I quickly pulled her hair back and tied it up in a messy ponytail. I can't imagine how she must be feeling right now.

She moved in with me about a week after she told me the news, and she has been having horrible morning sickness. Well, it's more like all day sickness really. I feel so bad for her. She didn't ask to be in this situation, it's my fault she's pregnant.

She stood up and flushed the toilet. She began to sway precariously and I put my arm around her waist to steady her. She looked like she could pass out at any second.

I picked her up bridal style and carried her to the couch. She didn't protest, and I could tell she was really tired.

I draped a blanket over her and she soon feel asleep, but before she did, she was able to muster the words,"thank you."

Amy's pov

I wake up on the couch with a blanket covering most of my body. It's dark outside and there is a terrible taste in my mouth. "I must be such a burden to mark." I think to myself.

As I'm getting up mark walks in. He has a sympathetic look on his face and a cup of coffee in his hand. I walk over to him and wrap my arms around his neck. He sets his mug down on the table and puts his arms behind my lower back.

"How do you feel?" He asks.

"Still like crap, but better now that you're here." I say in a slightly flirty tone.

"I'm so sorry that you have to go through all of this, and it's completely my fault too." He says with a look of extreme guilt on his face.

I gently stroke his cheek and say, "No no no, is not your fault. This isn't anybody's fault. I'm the one who should be sorry. I'm being such a bother."

"Okay fine, I won't blame myself, but don't you dare think you're a bother. I love you, and there is nothing you can do to change that. So don't worry, I've got your back no matter what." He says as he hugs me tighter. He pulls away after a bit and kisses me passionately. I instantly return the kiss and we stand there in each other's arms for what I wish was eternity.

"Shouldn't we go to sleep? It seems really late." I say.

"Only if you want to. I mean, you were out for like seven hours, so if you aren't tired I can stay up with you and we could watch a movie or something." he says.

Ugh, he's so sweet to be willing to stay up with me, but I return with,"no, I can tell you're tired. Let's just head upstairs and go to sleep."

He smiles greatfuly at me and says,"how did I get so lucky to end up with you."

His words make me blush and we walk up the stairs, his arm around my waist and my head on his shoulder.

When we get to the top of the stairs I get that feeling again, "oh no..."

I run towards the bathroom and just barely make it. I puke in the sink and Mark runs in and pulls my hair up. He rubs my back and reassures me that everything will be okay.

I brush my teeth to get rid of the taste of vomit. We walk into our bedroom and change into pajamas. We each get into bed and quickly get under the covers.

Mark pulls me closer to him and holds me tight. He strokes my hair and says,"I'm so sorry that you have to endure this, but I'll be by your side through all the ups and downs and ins and and outs. Don't you worry."

He kisses the top of my head and I nestle in even closer to him and put my head against his chest. I drift off to sleep with pleasant thoughts of mark floating through my mind and a smile spread across my face.

❗ Important message in author's note, please read it! ❗

•okay, so I'm sorry it took so long to get that chapter out, but it's hard to upload a one shot everyday and still work on a book. I might end up only publishing one work per day, so like, if I post on this book, I won't post on the other, but I'll try my hardest to publish at least one thing a day in total. Also, sorry that this chapter is kinda short, but all the chapters are probably gonna be about this size, so, I'm sorry if that bothers you, but it's just the way that things are gonna go around here. I hope you enjoyed!!❤❤❤ (Also, I was listening to Hamilton while writing this, so if you come across a random "I AM NOT THROWING AWAY MY SHOT!" Please ignore it) k, bye!•