16

Amy's pov

What?

where am I?

Am I in a hospital?

Wait, was I hit by a car?

I remember seeing a car coming, and then I pushed Mark out of the way!

It's he okay?!

I don't see him!

Where is he??!

Mark's pov

"You can see her now." A doctor says.

I jump up and run into the room where they took Amy. She is lying on a hospital bed with a tight sling around her arm, bandages up and down her sides, and tubes snaking down into her mouth.

"Is she okay?" I ask.

A nurse explains to me that she got a bad concussion, which nocked her out, and that she has a dislocated shoulder along with scrapes all over her right side. She tells me that Amy hasn't woken up this whole time, but to not lose hope.

I feel useless. There is nothing I can do but sit next to her and hold her hand.

I'm really tired, but I try my hardest not to fall into the depths of slumber.

<Time Skip>

*Beep*

*Beep*

*Beep*

I wake up to the sound of steady beeping, the same beeping that lulled me to sleep.

The room is dark and empty, and Amy's position is unchanged. She still has tiny movements though. The rise and fall of her chest, the slight pulsation along her neck, but nothing more than that.

I don't know what I'll do if I lose her.

No.

I can't think like that.

The only thing that comes from that is more pain and suffering.

I have to stay strong.

Tears begin to drip from my eyes as I repeat this over and over to myself.

I have to stay strong.

My hands shake, but my grasp on hers is still steady.

I have to stay strong.

Nurses come and go, checking on her, refilling her meds.

I get the occasional "she'll be okay," but there is no sincerity in their voices.

There is no love.

...

Love.

...

I may never feel that again.

I may never get to hold her In my arms the way I used to.

I may never feel her lips against mine.

I may never get to be happy.