6

Amy's pov

"Mom!" I hear Mark shout.

I feel a heavy impact on my left shin and then another on my right cheek and one more in my lower abdomen.

I fall to the floor and huddle there, clutching my sides trying to get away.

I wait for more blows, but they never come. Instead I look up to see Mark in a seemingly life or death struggle with his own mom.

I get to my feet and run behind the couch so I'm completely out of her reach. Her and Mark are now on the floor and Mark seems to be winning.

He gets her into a position where she can't move and pins her arms behind her back.

"Amy! ... Closet... top shelf......cuffs!" he says, still using most of his strength to hold down his mom.

I understand what he wants and I run upstairs and into our bedroom. I open the closet and see that the only thing on the top shelf is a box labeled "toys."

I pull the box down and dig through it until I find handcuffs. I see alot of other stuff in there that I didn't know Mark had. But I would have to adress that later.

I sprint back downstairs and hand Mark the cuffs. He puts them around her wrists and makes her stand up.

"Mom, don't you dare come back to this house! Ever!" Mark says with pure rage in his voice.

He shoves her out the door and locks it beind her. He walks over to me and wrapps me up in a comforting hug.

"Where did she get you?" He asks.

Tears start to stream out of my eyes as I realise where I was hit.

"I-I th-think she g-got the b-b-baby." I say I as I start to bawl.

Marks arms tighten around me and I cry into his shoulder.

"Do you wanna go to the hospital so they can make sure you two are okay?" He asks.

"Y-yeah, l-let's d-d-do that."

Mark grabs his phone and wallet and helps me out the door. We get in the car and he says, "Hey siri, take me to the hospital."

<Time Skip>

"Okay miss Nelson, please lie back and pull up your shirt past your belly button." Says Dr.Sharper, my gynachologist.

I pull up my shirt and he squirts some jelly on it. He uses the little sonic thingy to do an ultrasound.

"Is it okay?" Mark says, fear in his voice.

"Well, it's hard to tell. I'll have to look at it closer."

He wipes the jelly off my stomach and I pull my shirt back down.

"You two can go sit in the waitig room. This should take no more than twenty minutes." He says.

We walk out of the room and sit down. Mark puts his arm around my shoulder and I lay my head on his shoulder.

"It's gonna be okay," he says.

I know he means well, but what he says doesn't make me feel any more optimistic.

We wait about fifteen minutes and then Dr.Sharper calls us back into his room.