14

Mark's pov

"Ready to go Amy?" I ask from downstairs.

She is upstairs getting ready, and it seems like days since she went up there.

I see a flick of something red and then she comes into full view. She is wearing a floor length red dress that is form fitted to her enlarged belly. She is more beautiful than ever.

"I'm ready,"she says as she lightly brushes past me, tickling my shoulder with her hair.

<Time Skip>

"My name's Cameron and I'll be your waiter for tonight. What drinks can I get you two?"

"I'd like a lemonade," Amy says.

"That's sounds good, two lemonades please." I say

"Okay, I'll be back soon with your drinks."

We sit there eating our food and chatting for hours.

Cameron walks up to us and asks, "can I get you a dessert menu?"

"No, I think we're good. Thank you." I respond politely.

"Amy, I know that you aren't gonna be surprised by this, but..." I get down on one knee and pull out a small black, felt-covered box.

"Amy, will you marry me?"

Tears form in her eyes and she nods her head. I get up and she pulls me into a hug and kisses me.

"Let's go home now, I'm tired."Amy says, tears of joy still falling down her cheeks.

I pay our bill and we walk out of the restaurant towards my car.

Then I hear a scream and I'm shoved, causing me to lose my balance and fall to the ground. I hear the sound of flesh hitting metal and then a heavy thump. I turn around to see who it is.

Amy.