11

Mark's pov

"Mom, what are you doing here?" I say, trying not to get mad.

"I'm so sorry honey! You don't understand! I didn't mean to attack amy like that!" She says, her face stained with tears.

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I should have told you this before, but..." She trails off.

"What is it mom?"

"Your brother is... No longer fully with us." She sees my reaction and quickly clarifies for me. "He isn't dead or anything, he's just in rehabilitation. He got pretty addicted to cocaine, and then to gambling. I had just found out right before I came over, and I couldn't hold it in anymore. And when you said Amy was pregnant, well, that was the last straw. Don't get me wrong, I am fully supportive of you two, I was just shocked, and my body reacted before my mind did. I'm so sorry. I really hope I didn't harm the baby in the process."

"No, it's fine. I can understand why you did that. It will take some time for me to fully process this though, but I'll get through it. And I'm sure my brother will be able to fight through this hard time in his life." I'm shocked thus need, but I need to be strong right now.

"Hey babe! Who's at the door!?" Amy shouts from upstairs.

"It's my mom! but don't worry, she has an explanation for why she attacked you!"

I turn to my mom and say, "let's go upstairs and talk this out. It's been hard for Amy to go up and down between floors lately, due to her huge, baby-filled womb."

<Time Skip>

"Now it all makes sense. Thanks for explaining it to me. I was really worried you had neglected us." Amy says.

"I would never. Plus, this will be my first grandchild!" My mom replies.

"Well, I really have to go to the bathroom, this baby loves to bounce on my bladder."

I help Amy up and walk her to the bathroom. She is still getting used to moving around with such a big belly.

"Thanks mom. I'm happy that you are okay with all of this." I say, smiling at my mom.

"There is just one thing that bothers me," she says, looking down at her feet. "I don't want my first grandchild to be a bastard."