22

~Back in time a bit~

Amy's pov

"Okay Ms Nelson, I'm gonna need you to lay back now," Says the doctor who is messing with some tubes coming out of my arm.

"Okay... What's in that bag you're hooking up to my tubes?" I ask.

"It's an anesthetic. Don't worry, it's not anything to be scared of. All it will do is put you sleep long enough for us to perform the surgery." He says with a kind, but not so comforting smile.

I attempt to smile back, but I end up crying instead. Fuck. That didn't go so well.

"Just put me to sleep. Let's get this over with."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Ms Nelson, may I come in?"

I hear these words being said, but they don't have any meaning. They bounce around my head, knocking over thoughts and memories as if they were weightless.

I open my eyes, and the words bouncing around my head connect and fall out.

I remember that I'm in a hospital room and I just had surgery... But nothing else comes to my mind yet as to why I'm here.

A man in a white lab coat and medical gloves walks around the curtain, which divides the room we're in, and comes towards my bed.

"There is something I need to inform you of."

My brain syncs with my eyes and ears and I finally remember what all is happening.

"What is it?"

"Well, we made-... No. I made a huge mistake in my observations... Your baby's alive."

Tears rush to my eyes and my jaw drops in astonishment. I can't believe it.

My baby is alive.

The doctor calls someone's name and, moments later, a nurse walks in carrying a small bundle of blankets.

She gently places it in my arms and I see my baby's face for the first time.

"She's perfectly healthy so you've got nothing to worry about." The nurse says as she shifts my hands to a better position. "Do you want to know her weight?"

I ignore her question and cradle my new baby girl in my arms.

"She is so beautiful."