15

Mark's pov

I get up and run over to Amy. She is unconscious and her dress is torn. I scream for someone to call an ambulance as I cradle her small form in my arms.

It's a few minutes before I hear sirens and see flashing red lights. The paramedics scoop her up and I get into the ambulance with her, still holding her hand.

We get to the hospital and they rush her inside, immediately taking her into the closest room.

I try to follow but I'm stopped by a couple of nurses. I struggle in their grasp as they attempt to calm me down.

"Just let me be with her!" I scream, tears bursting from my eyes.

The nurses keep a strong hold on me and eventually they overpower me and strap me to a chair.

I sit there, starting at the door they took Amy through, waiting.

I wait for what seems like hours before a nurse comes over to unstrap me.

"I'm sorry we had to tie you down, you were just too much of a loose canon. We didn't want you to harm anyone, including yourself." The nurse says with a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, well my pregnant fiance was just hit by a fucking car! Do you expect me to be calm!?" I scream at her.

She stands there, her expression unchanged.

"Again, I'm very sorry." She says.

I stand there for a second, thinking.

"Did you catch the person who hit her?" I say, realizing I still don't know who it was.

"Yes, sorry, I forgot to tell you. She was hit by a drunk driver named Shane Carls. He's in emergency surgery and so is Amy."