Chapter 8

I pulled my hood up and walked into school. I had my earbuds in and I had Fetty Wap playing. I got to my locker and stuffed my book bag in there. I grabbed my first period book and closed my locker. I turned around to see Jake and Katherine having a heated conversation. I rolled my eyes and I knew it. Someone came up to me and ripped my earbud out of my one ear. I looked at them.

"Ana did you really have to do that?" I asked.

"Yeah. I've also been watching those two go at it for maybe ten minutes already" She answered looking at Jake and Katherine. I shook my head.

"I knew something was going on" I replied.

"I know you did and this proves it" She responded. I nodded. 

"Did you know that Jake and Katherine you know" she added.

"Having sex?" I asked.

"Yeah. I've heard it from a lot of people. Apparently he stays with her too" She answered. 

"Of course" I said shaking my head. 

"I'm gonna get to class before I'm late" I added. She nodded.

Lunch time I got food in the lunch room and they were still having the who side are you on thing. I looked at Ana.

"I eat in the library" I said to her heading that way after I got some food. She grabbed my hood making me stop.

"Yeah not going to happen anymore. We are going to sit in the middle of this petty little fight" She replied. 

She sat down at a table in the middle. I sat with her and we had many people watching us. 

"Ana I don't comfortable sitting here" I said.

"It's fine. You have me to protect you from whatever may happen. That's what cousins and friends do" She replied. I nodded and began to eat. Jake walked over here and out his tray down next to me. 

"Hey guys. I see you got her to come out of the library" He said sitting down. I looked away from him and continued to eat. 

"Yeah I did" Ana said eating her sandwich. She didn't even look at him. I looked down at my food. 

"Everything okay?" He asked. 

"Yeah" Ana answered for us. She finished her food and looked at me.

"Are you done eating?" She asked me. 

"No" I answered.

"Well grab it and come with me" She said. I nodded and grabbed the rest of my sandwich and she grabbed my fruit along with my drink. I followed her out of the lunch room and to the library. We sat down and she smiled at me.

"I don't want to be around him if he would do something like that to girls" She said smiling at me. I nodded and continued to eat. 

After school Ana and I went to Starlet so I could have my final fitting of the dress. Victoria put on some final touches for it while I had it on. 

"You look so beautiful" Ana said. I smiled.

"It's all because of Victoria and her amazing skills" I replied. 

"No it's girl in the dress" Victoria responded. I shook my head and Victoria laughed while shaking her head at me. 

"When is the ball?" Ana asked looking at some dresses.

"Next week" I answered.

"Our girl even brought a handsome date" Victoria replied.

"One that tried to seduce me" Alexia responded laughing. I nodded.

"Jake?" Ana asked.

"Yeah that's him" I answered.

"Are you going to cancel that date?" She asked. 

"Why would she do that?" Victoria replied.

"He did something bad to her" Ana answered.

"I'm not going to cancel because I already told dad he was coming" I said.

"And he told the hospital" She replied. I nodded. 

"Victoria can I have a dress like this in teal?" Ana asked.

"Yes of course. I'm guessing you are an eleven?" Victoria replied.

"Twelve" Ana responded. Victoria nodded and took the dress to the back. 

"Why do you need that dress" I asked.

"Got a date to go this weekend" She answered. I nodded and Alexia helped me out of the dress right there on the stage thing. We were the only ones in the store so I didn't mind it. The door opened though when I got it off. I turned and saw Jake standing there watching me. Ana stepped in front of me so he wouldn't be able to see me in my underwear. 

"What are you doing here?" Ana asked.

"I have a fitting today too" He answered. 

"Well turn around so she can get dressed" Ana said. He did what she said. I pulled my sweat pants up and put my tank top on. I sat down on the stage and put my shoes on. I grabbed my shirt and looked at Jake who was turned around again watching me. I put my shirt on and grabbed my book bag. Alexia had my dress up on a hanger and in a bag over it. 

"Would you like it now or next week?" Alexia asked me. 

"I'll pick it up this weekend" I answered. She nodded and wrote it down. 

"When is my dress going to be done?" Ana asked.

"It will be done in two days. Victoria hired more help in designing the dresses so she's getting things done faster" Alexia answered. Ana nodded. 

"So I should be able to pick it up when you get yours" Ana said to me smiling. I smiled. 

"Most dresses here are fancy. Are you sure you want to wear that type of dress to a date?" I asked her.

"Yeah because he is taking me to the theater in New York" She answered.

"Oh I heard it's going to be a good show" I replied. 

"Same" She responded. I looked at Jake while Alexia told Ana the cost of her dress. He had his suit on and Victoria was over there fitting a few things. He looked over at me and smiled. I lightly smiled and looked down at the ground. I looked back up at him and he looking at Victoria who was talking to him about the suit. I looked at Ana and she was paying for her dress.