Chapter 9

I woke up on the floor of the living room to someone knocking at the door. I sat up and Ana was sleeping next to me. I got up off of the floor and got the door. Jake was standing there holding coffee carrier with five different coffee containers and a box. 

"I like the hair and your pajamas" He said smiling. I looked down at my sweat pants and tank top. I looked back up at him and I shook my head. 

"What are you doing here so early?" I asked.

"It's almost eleven and why wouldn't I want to see one of my favorite girls" He answered. I looked at the clock in the kitchen and shook my head. 

"Damn" I said. I let him inside and we went to the kitchen. He opened the box and there was some donuts inside of it. 

"I didn't know what kind of coffee to get you so I got different ones" he said taking a coffee himself. I grabbed one and took a drink. It tasted really good.

"I like this one" I said.

"That's the frozen mocha" He replied. 

"I know. You got stuff from Panera" I responded drinking more. I look a donut and took a bite from it. 

"So I think Ana doesn't like me" He said eating. 

"She heard somethings about you and doesn't want me to get hurt" I replied.

"I won't hurt you. She kind of threatened to kick my ass if I did at the mall" He responded. I smiled and nodded my head taking a drink.

"Well she's something" I said. He nodded. 

"Yeah. So how come she hasn't been around?" He asked.

"She lives out of state with her mother in Arizona. She moved back up here to be with her dad until she graduates. She does come around for visits during the summer which is great. I have a friend for three months" I answered. 

"Well at least you have someone to talk to that is also there" He replied.

"Like I said she's something special. She tries getting me to do more things like being more girly or going out in the world sometimes. She also comes up with weird ideas. Example one is that she's sleeping on the floor right now instead of us sleeping on a comfortable bed" I responded. 

"Why?" He asked.

"Because she wanted to be in the living room for some reason and now my back hurts a lot. I thought that the floor would be a little more comfortable here but not that much" I answered.

"That reason is because we haven't done that in a long time" Ana replied coming to the kitchen and taking a coffee. 

"Good afternoon" Jake said.

"Meh" Ana replied.

"She's not a morning person" I responded. He nodded. 

"You shouldn't be here" Ana said to Jake. 

"He brought us coffee and donuts. Be nice" I replied to her. 

"Fine. I'm going to shower" She said. She walked away to the bathroom and I looked at him. 

"Do you want me to rub your back for a little bit so it would feel better?" He asked. 

"I'm fine. Ana and I were planning on going to the spa for awhile today so that should help" I answered. He nodded.

"What goes on in a spa?" He replied.

"Why don't you go and find out for yourself. I mean you can go with me the day before the ball" I responded. He shook his head and looked at me. 

"So about next weekend. Am I still your date?" He asked changing the subject. 

"Yeah" I answered.

"How late does the ball last?" He replied.

"Until late at night" I said. He nodded.

"Do you have somewhere else to be?" I asked.

"No. I need a time to tell my mom when I'll be home" He answered. I nodded.

"I would say around one in the morning maybe. That's when my got home every time. I always left early around eleven" I replied. He nodded.

"So we are going to leave around that time?" He responded.

"Maybe" I said. 

"Is there anything I need to bring?" He asked.

"No" I answered. I took a drink and looked at him. 

"Okay well I pick you up here around six right?" He replied. I nodded. He grabbed a donut and walked a little closer to me. 

"If you want to hang out let me know but I would rather have it just be you and not you and Ana" He said. 

"Why is that?" I asked looking at him.

"Because she doesn't like me and I don't want her getting into your head making you not like me" He answered looking down at me.

"Why does it matter if I like you or not?" I replied.

"Because maybe I like you" He responded. He looked away and walked out the door. I stood there with a confused expression on my face.