Chapter 12

"Where have you been?" Ana asked as I came in the door. She looked behind me and nodded her head.

"I'll be in the bathroom" She said leaving. I laughed. I turned around and looked at Jake.

"Last night was great" I said.

"Yeah. We should do it again sometime" He replied smiling.

"We should" I responded.

"How about Thursday I take you out to a real dinner?" He asked.

"Yeah" I answered. He smiled even bigger and kissed my cheek.

"I'll see you tomorrow. Unless you want me to come over later. Let me know okay?" He replied.

"I will" I responded. He turned around and left. I closed the door and turned around to see Ana there with her arms crossed.

"Where were you? Why didn't you come home last night?" She demanded.

"After the ball he took me to the beach. He asked me out there and we had our first date. We fell asleep there" I said.

"That's sweet" She replied. I smiled. Remembering that I woke up in his arms.

"He also gave you his jacket. That's very gentlemen of him too" She added. I nodded. I went to my room and took his jacket off placing it on my bed. Ana helped me with the back of my dress and I took it off. I hung it up and changed into shorts and a tank top. I put my hair up in a pony tail and climbed back into bed. Ana laid down next to me.

"Katherine is going to have your head when she finds out and she won't stop until she get him" Ana said.

"I know" I replied.

"What are you going to do?" she asked.

"Stand up to her once and for all" I answered.

"I'll be there with you when you do. I know there's going to be a war going down here soon because of this but know if she touches you again like that one day I'm not holding back. You shouldn't hold back either" She responded. I nodded.

"I told her if it happened again I would go right to her instead of who ever she pays to beat me in the bathrooms. I will not be coming home like that again" I said.

"Get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a long day" She replied. I nodded and closed my eyes.

I walked into school and I saw Jake. I smiled and walked over to him.

"Did you crash too?" He asked.

"Yeah I did. I changed and then went to sleep after" I answered. He kissed my cheek and took my hand.

"Can I walk you to class?" He replied. I smiled and nodded. We did get looks but Jake wasn't paying attention to them. He was busy trying to get my books from my hands.

"Come on. A boyfriend should carry his girls books for her" He said.

"But you don't have to" I replied.

"I want to" He responded. I gave up and handed my books over to him even though we were at my class.

"Can I have them back now?" I asked. He laughed.

"Sure but I want a kiss right here" He answered pointing to his cheek.

"Okay" I said. I kissed his cheek and took my books back. I walked into class and sat down.

Lunch was okay. I sat down in the library with Ana.

"Did she say anything yet?" she asked.

"No. I haven't seen her all day" I answered.

"She's here but hiding" She replied.

"She's planning her revenge. It's what she normally does" I responded eating a fry.

"Where is your boyfriend?" Ana asked.

"I don't know" I answered.

"You should though. Mine had lunch detention again with Mr. Isaac" She replied.

"What did he do this time?" I responded.

"Threw a paper ball at Mr. Isaac" She said. I laughed and she started laughing too. The library door opened and I looked. Jake was walking in while eating his fries. He smiled at me and sat down next to me.

"Where were you?" Ana asked him.

"The line got long because they put brownies in it so everyone was rushing to get one" He answered.

"I want a brownie" Ana said.

"Go get one" Jake replied.

"Do you want one?" Ana asked me.

"Sure" I replied.

"I'll be back" she said running off to get them.

"Are there really brownies?" I asked.

"Yeah but I already got three of them" He answered smiling.

"You didn't" I replied.

"I did" He responded laughing.

"She's going to be mad when she gets back" I said.

"It's worth being alone with you though" He replied putting a brownies on both mine and Ana's trays. I smiled and continued to eat.

Ana came back in holding two brownies and then noticed the one on her tray. She looked at Jake.

"You bitch. You made me run to the cafeteria for nothing" She said sitting down and giving one to me. Jake laughed and I tried not to laugh.

"I hate you both but I get two brownies so my fat ass is happy" She said taking a big bite out of her brownie.

It was seventh period when I got pulled into the girls bathroom. I looked and saw the same girl as last time. I tried to leave but she wouldn't let me. She took a swing at me and I moved out of the way. I grabbed her arm and elbowed her in the nose. She groaned and went to hit me again. I moved out of the way and kicked her knee cap. She went down and looked up at me.

"Don't touch me again" I said. I moved to the door and looked back at her.

"Tell Katherine to watch her back" I added and left. I smiled walking to my last class of the day.