Chapter 27

It's been two weeks. Two weeks since Jake found out. He was the one giving me the pills in the morning so I wouldn't forget and he would know that I was taking them. I was normal again and you can roll your eyes at that because I do. There is no such thing as normal. Never has been for anyone. Anyways back to reality.

"Are you sure you got the measurements right?" Ana asked Veronica at Starlet.

"Yes I'm sure" She said.

"It's a little big on her then don't you think?" Ana replied looking at me.

"It's the medication" I responded to her.

"I forgot it makes you lose a lot of weight" she said looking at me.

"Have you been eating?" Veronica asked from behind me.

"Yeah I eat" I answered.

"Babe maybe she can make another dress" Jake suggested. Ana snorted.

"This close to the part? I don't think so" Ana said.

"Let's just go to the mall or something" I replied going to the back.

"I'm so sorry" Veronica responded.

"It's okay. I think next time we will do more fittings before the next party" I said. She nodded and helped out of the dress. I got dressed and walked out to Jake.

"You look so handsome" I said smiling at him. He smiled.

"I don't have to get this. I can get something at the mall" He replied.

"No you should get it" I responded.

"It's too much" He whispered. I shook my head and put my card down for the payment of it. He shook his head at me. He changed out of the suit and came back out. He came over to me and grabbed my waist.

"I don't want to be a penguin" Dakota said coming out in his suit. I laughed into Jakes chest and he was laughing too. I yawned and cuddled into Jake a little bit more. He wrapped both of his arms around my waist and my arms were around his.

"Hey we are going to head over to the mall right now. I don't know how much longer she's going to stay up" Jake said to Ana.

"Yeah we will meet you guys over there. We just need his measurements" Ana replied. I almost fell when Jake pulled away from me. He made sure that I didn't. He crouched down with his back towards me. I jumped on his back and he stood up. I wrapped my arms around his neck and leaned my head on his shoulder.

Ana and Dakota met up with us at the food court. I picked a dress and Jake liked it before they met us there. I took a few bites out of the Chinese food we had in the mall. Jake hand his hand on my thigh and was eating his Chinese too. Ana had a mouth full of subway and Dakota got pizza.

"Hey guys" Frankie said sitting down. Evan put their food down on the table and sat down.

"Hi" I said.

"How are you?" Evan asked me.

"I'm good" I answered with a smile.

"She's tired" Jake replied.

"That's what happens a lot" Ana responded.

"I guess so" I said.

"It's only four" Frankie said with a confused look.

"It's hard to explain" Ana replied with a light smile to Frankie. Frankie nodded her head and took a bite of her Chinese. I grabbed Jake's upper arm and his wrist. I leaned my head on his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"Do you want to go home?" Jake asked.

"No not yet" I answered looking up at him. He kissed my head and continued to eat his food. I looked around and stopped looking when I saw someone. Well two people. Hope and Katherine sitting at a table close but not too close to us.

"Umm guys look over there" I said nodding to them. Everyone looked.

"How do they always know when we are out somewhere?" Dakota asked.

"Maybe they follow you" Frankie answered.

"Restraining orders anyone?" Ana asked.

"Let's be the bigger person. If it keeps happening then we can" Jake answered.

"Of course you would say that" Ana whispered but loud enough for us to hear.

"What the hell does that mean?" Jake asked.

"They both love you" Ana answered.

"So?" Jake replied.

"So you like it. You're probably keeping them around in case you've had enough of Clary and her problem. Or you've already had enough and cheating on her again" Ana responded.

"Whoa hold up" I said lifting my head off of his shoulder.

"What?" Ana demanded. Everyone at the table was silent and was watching us.

"He's not cheating. He's always with me unless we are in school. He walks me to and from my classes. He's with me at lunch" I said.

"Unless he's skipping his classes" Ana replied.

"Actually I have the same schedule as him since he was the one to show me around and he's in every single one of them" Frankie responded.

"Also I haven't had enough of Clary. No matter what I'm not going to. I'll always be there for her and like she said I'm not cheating. I won't hurt her like that. Not again" Jake said.

"I'm just trying to look out for you" Ana replied looking at me.

"I'm fine" I responded.

"Let's get home" Jake said. I nodded and we grabbed our food along with the bag that had the dress in it.