Chapter 21

I woke up in my own bed today. I wake up in time for school. I cried most of the night away and Jake was here trying to comfort me. I let him. He says it won't happen again but I'm not sure that's true. I got up out of my bed and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed the pain kills on the counter and took some for the headache I had. I turned around and saw Jake on the couch. He was sitting there with his head in his hands. I went over to him and snapped my fingers in his ear. He looked up at me and I raised my eyebrows at him.

"We need to talk" I said.

"Yeah I know" He replied sitting up and looking at me in the eyes. I sat down on the coffee table and looked at him. He took my hand in his and I pulled it back. He looked at the ground and I looked away from him.

"You hurt me. You say you won't do it again but you might. I never thought you would cheat on me but you did. You were a good guy and a good boyfriend to me. I can't trust you anymore" I said.

"Let me earn your trust back" He replied.

"I don't think I should" I responded.

"I understand" He said looking at the space behind me.

"But I'm stupid and give people more chances then they deserve. This is your last chance. Screw it up and we're done completely. I'll ignore you like you don't exist. I'll forget even talking to you or even seeing you. I'll be completely gone from your life other then living in the same building as you and going to the same school for the rest of the year" I replied.

"I understand. I won't ever do it again. Let me prove it to you that the last five months aren't a waste" He responded.

"Last chance and I mean it" I said getting up. He nodded. I went to my room and closed the door. I took a deep breath and went to my phone on the stand and finally turned it on. It got spamed with a lot of messages.

"Where are you?"

"Are you okay?"

"I'm freaking out over here?"

"Baby you didn't come home last night. Where are you?"

"I can't find you anywhere"

"No one is telling me where you are"

"Are you with Ana or Hope?"

I put my phone down after that one. I shook my head and got back into my bed. I pulled the blanket over my head and closed my eyes.

I woke up and came out of the room. He wasn't here and I went to the kitchen. I grabbed some juice and grabbed the phone because I was hungry. Then I thought for a second. I went back to my room and grabbed my phone. I texted Ana and asked her to bring fuzz ball over. She said she would and I smiled. I looked at how many messages I had and it was over two hundred. I shook my head and went to the living room. I turned netflix on and waited for the food I ordered to be brought up. I cuddled up on the couch with a blanket and watched the show as it played.

Someone knocked on the door and I got up. I opened it and Jake was standing there with the room service guy. I let them in and the guy smiled at me pushing the cart inside. He brought it in a little more and turned towards us. He smiled and walked right out without me giving him a tip for bringing it up. I guess he could feel the awkwardness in here too when Jake showed up. I went to the cart and grabbed the bowl of strawberries and got back on the couch. I looked at the tv and snuck a glance at Jake who was watching me.

"What?" I asked.

"Nothing" He answered. I shook my head and took a bite out of a strawberry. He came over and sat down next to me. I moved the bowl towards him offering him one and he took one. He held it in his hands and looked at the tv. I continued to eat and watch the show.

"Okay would you eat it already?" I said after awhile. He was still holding it. He lightly smiled and took a big bite out of it.

"We good?" He asked looking at me. I knew what he was meaning and it wasn't about the strawberry. I looked at him full on and could see how bad he was doing. He should be feeling guilty about it but I can't hold this above his head forever.

"I guess so" I answered.