Chapter 29

It was graduation day. I barely saw Jake since the party and it was different. I called and texted but got a few messages here and there. I was worried. I didn't know what was going to happen or what happened at the party. Evan and Dakota didn't know anything which was even weirder. I got out of my bed and went to the bathroom where I had a dress hanging up. I looked at it and then down at the ground. I came out of the bathroom and Frankie walked in holding her dress in her one arm, shoes in her hand and a bag in the other one.

"So where are we getting ready at?" She asked.

"We can get ready out here. I'm going to shower real quick and you can get in after me if you would like" I answered. She nodded and set her stuff down going to the fridge. I put some music on and went to shower.

When I came out Ana was here making some food to eat.

"I figured you would forget to eat before seeing him walk the stage" She said. I nodded. I grabbed a strawberry and ate it.

"Are the guys coming?" I asked.

"Evan and Dakota are I know for sure. Jake I haven't seen" Ana answered. I nodded.

"I haven't seen him much since the day of the party" I replied.

"Do you want to think something of that?" She responded.

"I don't know" I said. She nodded.

"You know you got some smelling stuff in there. Where can I get those?" Frankie asked coming in.

"I get them from bath and body works or if you are taking about the ones on the edge I get them from New York" I answered.

"Those must be expensive then" Frankie replied.

"I can get you some if you want" I responded.

"Why?" She asked.

"We're friends. It's what we do for each other" I answered. She nodded.

"Oh this song though" Ana said turning it up.

"Ayy ladies" Frankie said singing it. I laughed and we all started dancing to the song. The guys came in while we were dancing and joined in. Dakota and Evan were the only ones who came here to get ready and have lunch with us. I looked at the door and waited for Jake to come in but he didn't. I looked at everyone and smiled. I went to the bathroom and closed the door. I looked in the mirror and took a deep breath.

I cam eout of the bathroom with my dress on and put my flats on. I sat down on the stoll for the counter and Ana put a light coat of make up on me. Frankie did my hair and we all helped each other. The guys were in my room or the other bedroom getting ready.

"Jake is an asshole and when you see him you will ask him what is his problem" Ana said. I nodded and looked at the ground.

"Whatever happens we are here for you" Frankie replied rubbing my back.

"Let's get going" Evan said coming out and stopped when he saw us.

"He's a jerk" He said looking at me. Dakota came out and smiled at us.

"Let's go see our friends graduate" I replied. We all grabbed out stuff and went to the school.

I saw everyone cross the stage and their diplomas. I clapped and smiled. After I found Jake. I grabbed his robe sleeve and pulled him the side. I hugged him and didn't let go. He had his arms wrapped around me and he even kissed the top of my head. I looked up at him and he looked away.

"What's going on and I want the truth" I said.

"Clary I don't want to hurt you" He replied.

"Tell me" I responded.

"At the party I had some drinks. I got drunk. Really drunk. Last week of school I thought that maybe I could celebrate one last time but I did something really stupid" He said. I pulled away from him and tried not to cry.

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I'm sorry" He replied.

"What did you do Jake" I demanded already knowing what he did.

"I had sex with Hope" He said. I looked away from him.

"With Hope" I replied nodding my head. I did let the tears come out.

"I love you and I'm sorry. I was drunk and I shouldn't have done that" He responded.

"We're done Jake. Have a nice life" I said. I turned away from him and he grabbed my wrist.

"Don't go" He replied.

"Don't" I said looking at him. I pulled my wrist away from him and walked away. I didn't bother going to my friends that I made this year.