Chapter 23

I walked into the cabin holding Jake's hand. He was carrying a bag inside and set it down with all the other bags that everyone else brought in.

"It's huge" Hope said.

"It's my grandfathers cabin. When he died he gave it to me but not until I'm eighteen but my dad lets me use it whenever I want as long as I do good in school" Dakota replied.

"I think I want to get a cabin" Ana responded looking around. I laughed. Jake put his arms around me from behind and pulled me back into him. I leaned my head back against his shoulder and closed my eyes.

"So we thought we could share rooms. Away from each other. If you know what I mean" Dakota said smiling. Ana hit him in the chest and Evan laughed.

"Come on let's go find a room" Jake said in my ear. I nodded and we grabbed our bags and went to find a room. We picked the one away from all the rooms and I put my bag on the bed. He put his on the window seat and lied down on the bed. I threw my bag off the bed and crawled up next to him. I put my head on his chest and he wrapped his other arm around me.

"We should probably get back out there" He said.

"I don't want to move" I replied. He turned a little it so he was on his side and my head was on his arm. He moved the hair out of my face and smiled. I put my hand on his neck and pulled his head down for a kiss. At first he didn't kiss me back. It took him a few minutes and he did. He put his hand on my waist and pulled me closer to him. I pulled away from the kiss and he was smiling. He kissed my nose. I msiled. The door opened and in came Hope.

"Oh sorry didn't know you were doing things" she said and walked out. Jake and I laughed. We got off of the bed and went to the living room where everyone was laughing or trying npot to when they looked at us.

"We didn't do anything" I said.

"Sure you didn't" Ana replied laughing. I glared at her which made her laugh even harder. I shook my head and went to the one chair. I sat down in it and crossed my arm across my chest. Jake sat down on the couch and smiled at me. I glared at him too.

Later that day Hope, Ana, and I were making dinner while the guys went to find some fire wood because the cabin was getting colder than any of us thought it would. I was cutting up some veggies. Ana was cooking the chicken while Hope was cooking the noodles. I put the salad together quick and then moved on to cutting up some fruits. Hope made some sweet tea and put it in the fridge.

"The guys better be happy with what we made them" Ana said.

"It's food. They will be happy" Hope replied.

"Is anyone worried about them making us dinner tomorrow night?" I asked.

"No. Evan can cook. He took a few classes with his mom before she died" Hope answered. I nodded.

"And Dakota can follow instructions really well if Evan tells him what to do" Ana replied.

"Jake also know how to cook a little bit" Hope added. I looked down at the fruit and continued to cut it up.

"Jake learned from his mom" she said. I nodded.

"You do know a lot about her boyfriend" Ana commented.

"That's because he's always around with Evan. You can't have one without the other" Hope said looking at her.

"Okay but it looks like you are trying to let Clary know that you know her boyfriend better than herself" Ana replied.

"I'm not doing that" Hope responded shaking her head and looking at me.

"Don't look at her. You know what you are doing" Ana said before I could say anything. The guys decided now to come into the cabin and they all looked at us.

"I can feel the tension from here" Dakota said looking at all of us one by one.

"What's going on?" Evan asked.

"Nothing" Ana answered. I put the knife I was using to cut things up down and walked back to the room. I closed the door and leaned back against it. I shook my head and looked at the ground. There was a knock on the door and I turned around to open it.

"What's going on?" Jake asked.

"Ana and Hope started fighting" I answered.

"About what?" He replied.

"Hope was saying you knew how to cook because of your mom and it made Ana snap saying that she was trying to rub it in my face that Hope knows you a lot more than I do" I responded.

"She's Evan's girlfriend. Even before they were dating we were friends. All three of us" He said.

"I know. You told me" I replied.

"Then why is Ana making a big deal out of this?" He asked.

"I don't know. I tried to say something to her but she cut me off before I could and then you guys came in" I answered. He shook his head and came into the room more closing the door behind him.

"You're my girlfriend and I don't want to lose you. If you want to know me more like Hope does then I will tell you everything" He said putting his hands on my waist. I wrapped my arms around his neck.

"You're my boyfriend. I don't want to lose you. I know you grew up with them and they know you better than me. That's okay because Ana knows me better than you. I get it. I'm not jealous or worried about it because I know as time passes I'll learn everything about you" I replied. He smiled and kissed my nose.

"That's good" He responded. I laughed and shook my head. He smirked and crouched down with his arms still around me. The next thing I know he stood up and I went over his shoulder a little bit. I laughed and he threw me down on the bed. He winked at me and left the room.