Chapter 19

It was the day after Christmas. Ana and I went out for while. I haven't been back to my place so I've been wearing her clothes and being around her some more. Dakota brought fuzz ball over but not for a few days after. I guess he took her back to his place before he came back over here because his mom needed him to do something that took a few hours. He left after he brought her over and that was like two days ago. Ana was out with him all day yesterday while I stayed in and watched The Walking Dead on Netflix. I haven't turned my phone on since it was turned off and I wanted to turn it on yesterday to see what Jake was saying to me or if my dad contacted me but Ana already messaged my dad that I was with her and if he needed to talk to me to reach her. So I didn't really have to worry about my dad wondering where I was if he messaged me and I didn't message back. Ana and I went to the mall and went shopping for a few things because there were some sales. Don't get me wrong Ana and I have money but Ana is one of those weirdos who think somethings are too much to pay for and will wait until they go on sale for a better price for what you get. She won't buy a light fabric for yoga pants that are worth a hundred dollars or more when she will probably only wear them for while until they rip. She told me it was because her thighs were too thick but I also have the same problem with that but not as much as her. I was looking for a few things that were normal for me to wear and Ana was looking at some after Christmas deals.

"I think I'll deal with your clothes for awhile" I said walking over to her.

"That's fine. Or I can take you home. I'll be there for you" She replied.

"I'm okay with doing this until break is over. Got less then a week I believe" I responded. She nodded.

"That's cool with me" She said. I nodded.

"Why are looking at Christmas lights?" I asked.

"I'm going to hang them up in my room. Make it pretty. You know" she answered.

"That does sound pretty" I replied.

"Hey girls" Hope said walking over to us with Evan following her.

"Hey" Ana replied smiling.

"What's going on?" Hope asked us.

"Shopping. What about you?" Ana answered.

"Same. Got some gift cards so I thought I would get some clothes and shoes" Hope replied.

"Clary, Jake's been looking for you" Evan responded.

"Why should I care?" I asked him.

"Because you're his girlfriend" He answered giving me a weird look.

"He cheated on me" I replied.

"What are you talking about?" He responded.

"We saw him and Katherine coming out of the library together" Ana said.

"Shit" He replied looking away from us and shaking his head. He walked away from us and I looked at the ground.

"It's going to be okay" Hope said. I looked up and saw her lightly smiling at me. She walked off and went after Evan.

"Maybe later you should tell Jake it's over and be happy. He hurt you and now you have to be happy again without him" Ana said.

"I'll do it when I feel like seeing his face. I don't want to see him right now" I replied. She nodded and handed me four light boxes and grabbed four more.

"Let's go pay for these. I hope eight is enough. What do you think?" She asked.

"You might want to make it ten in case" I answered. She nodded and grabbed two more. It was funny because she almost dropped them all on the ground and she made this weird face as she carried them to the counter. I couldn't help but laugh the whole way there and she glared at me.

We went back to Ana's house and we went up to her room with all the bags. I put the ones that I was carrying down and picked up fuzz ball.

"Fuzz ball is getting fatter" I said as Ana put all the bags down that she got and started looking through them. She took the lights out and put the boxes on her stand.

"She looks like she's pregnant" Ana replied getting the lights out of the boxes.

"She wasn't around any other cats though" I responded.

"Dakota has one" She said.

"Ugh" I replied laying back on the bed. She laughed and started putting them up. I watched her put the lights up and continued to pet fuzz ball. I got up and helped her put some of them up no matter how funny it was watching her get tangled in them I thought I should help her out of them and get them up.