Chapter 13

"You have to come. Please" Ana begged me. I shook my head.

"I don't want to go" I said.

"I bet Jake's going" She replied.

"Jake can do whatever he wants" I responded walking away from her.

"But please? I don't want to go alone" She said following me.

"Ana" I replied.

"Clary" She responded.

"I don't want to go to a party" I said sitting down at a table in the library. She sat down next to me and pouted.

"Where is your boyfriend?" I asked.

"He's getting his lunch right now" She answered.

"Why can't he go with you?" I replied.

"He is going but I want you to be there in case I get bored while he's doing something with his guys" She responded. I shook my head and looked at her. She was giving me her little puppy eyes and I rolled mine.

"No" I said as the guys came in.

"Why is she giving you the death glare?" Dakota said sitting down next to Ana.

"Because she won't go to the party" Ana replied glaring at me.

"That look won't get me to go and you know that" I responded.

"She doesn't have to if she doesn't want to" Dakota said.

"Exactly. If she doesn't all she's going to do is be at home watching Netflix and cuddling with her cat" Jake replied smiling. I glared at him and he laughed at the face I made.

"She's never been to a high school party. Look Clary you have friends now that will hang out with you and you will have a lot of fun" Ana responded.

"She's right. You do have us there and if you want to leave I'll bring you home" Jake said.

"You're on her side aren't you?" I asked him.

"I'm not on her side. I'm just saying she does have a point with that" He answered. I stole one of his fries and he shook his head.

"That's my food" He said with a pout.

"That's for being on her side" I replied with a smile. He grabbed my burger and put his fries where it was. He kissed my head and began to eat not saying anything. I looked at Ana and she was glaring at the both of us while eating.

"Please?" She asked. I took a deep breath.

"Okay" I said letting it out.

"Yay" She shrieked and gave me a hug. I rolled my eyes and looked at Jake. He was smiling at us.

"I don't know about this" I said looking at myself in the body mirror that Ana hung up in my room a few days ago.

"You look hot so it cool" Ana replied getting dressed. I turned around and looked at her.

"I don't like this dress and you know it. I don't understand why you bought it for me" I responded.

"Because Jake liked you in it and don't deny it" She said. She had me wear the dress that she made me try on at the mall a few weeks ago. She put on some dark but not too dark eye shadow on me and she gave me heels to wear with it. My hair was down and I looked at myself again in the mirror.

"I don't wanna look like this at the party" I said.

"You look fine" She replied coming closer to me.