Chapter 26

A month past. We haven't seen Hope much. Only once in awhile I saw her and she glared at me. She became friends with Katherine which I know wasn't good. Jake practically lives with me now because he's here everyday and sleeps every night. He does go down to his penthouse and sleep once in awhile because his brother comes up. Ana and Dakota have been working a lot lately so we've barely seen them. Evan comes up here a lot to hang out. He started dating someone new two days ago. She transfered in from the school in the next town. Her name is Frankie. She's really nice unless you get on her bad side. She ran into Hope the other day and they got into it a lot because Hope found out she became apart of our friend group. Anyways Evan and Jake both finished their senior projects and was doing the last things they had to do was worried about whatever they had to do to graduate.

I was sad that I wouldn't be in school every day with Jake but I would be able to have him at home until he wanted to go to college which he hasn't said anything about. Evan talked about him getting into Ashland University which was in Ohio. I don't know how he's going to deal with the colder weather during the winter but I'm happy for him. Frankie was talking about her getting into Brown and Berkely but didn't know which one to go to. Anyways I was at the penthouse on a monday afternoon. I went right to my bed when I got home and didn't say a word.

"Baby are you okay?" Jake asked coming into the room. I didn't say anything still. He sat down on the bed and put his hand on my waist. He got behind me and pulled me back into his chest.

I ended up staying in bed most of that day. Jake kept checking on me and asking if I was okay but I still haven't said anything. The last time he came in I started crying. I don't know why but I did. I hid my face into the pillow and closed my eyes. I didn't want to cry but I did.

"Clary?" Ana said coming in. She sat down next to me and I looked at her. She moved the hair out of my face and wiped the tears away.

"I think you should go back on your medication again" She said. I shook my head.

"You're having one of your dark days honey. You need to" She said. I started crying again and she held me.

"I'm going to call your dad and hopefully he can get them sent over soon" She added. She left the room and Jake came back in. He lied down next to me on his side and wiped the tears away.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He asked.

"Jake her dad is coming" Ana said coming in with the phone to her ear.

"How long has it been?" He asked her.

"A year since she got off them. She was up on them when she was nine maybe" Ana answered.

"A nine year old had really bad depression?" He replied.

"It runs in the family. My mom has it. Clary's mom didn't have it. It kind of skips a few of us in the family" Clary responded. Jake shook his head and pulled me closer to him. I gripped his shirt and closed my eyes. He rubbed my back and I opened my eyes. All I could see was the color of his shirt which was gray.

I took both of the pills in my dad's hands and took a drink from the cup he was holding. Jake was sitting on the other side of me and my dad was sitting in front of me.

"I don't want you stop taking these again. I knew you getting off of these was a bad idea but you didn't want to take it. You wanted to see if you could do it but you need to remember why you were put on them. Think about it" My dad said. I looked away from him.

"What happened?" Jake asked.

"I tried to kill myself" I answered.

"What?" He replied. I didn't look at him.

"I came home from the hospital. The nanny was rushing to the phone. Clary was on the kitchen floor bleeding out from both of her wrist. I fixed her up but she was in the hospital for four days" My dad responded. I refused to look at Jake.

"Those scars on her wrist. I didn't think that those came from that" Jake said.

"It was really scary seeing her there in the hospital. They kept her sedated" Ana replied. I shook my head and got up from the bed. I went to the kitchen and leaned over the counter. I put my head on my arms.

"Baby" Jake said coming up by me. I stood up and looked at him.

"You know now. You can go anytime you want" I said still not looking at him. I had tears falling. He wiped them away and lifted my chin making me look at him.

"I'm not going anywhere. I love you and I want to help you through this. I wish you told me about this before. I would've called your dad sooner and you would be better" He replied.

"I don't want to be on them" I responded.

"You have to be on them" He said. I looked down and tried not to cry.

"Hey it's okay" he added pulling me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around him and closed my eyes.

"I'm not going anywhere I promise" He said.